• Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I'm on build 14390 (insider fast).

The "Hey Cortana" thing is in "Settings -> Extras"
and not in the "Cortana -> Notebook -> Settings"

Once I go into the "Hey Cortana" settings, it says this:

You'll need to turn on Cortana first.

Cortana Settings (This part is underlined, but tapping it does nothing)

I have already soft reset, hard reset, downloaded a new keyboard to push for the newest update, delete language and download again, tried to download the "Hey Cortana" app from the store (it gave me error 80073cf9 when trying to download or update), and pretty much everything else.

Yup.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm on build 14390 (insider fast).

The "Hey Cortana" thing is in "Settings -> Extras"
and not in the "Cortana -> Notebook -> Settings"

Once I go into the "Hey Cortana" settings, it says this:

You'll need to turn on Cortana first.

Cortana Settings (This part is underlined, but tapping it does nothing)

I have already soft reset, hard reset, downloaded a new keyboard to push for the newest update, delete language and download again, tried to download the "Hey Cortana" app from the store (it gave me error 80073cf9 when trying to download or update), and pretty much everything else.

Yup.

First of all, which phone and windows 10 build you got? From which country you come?

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Same problem, different app. I had same error (it does not always show the error code) in updating and installing apps to WP8.1 on L640. I upgraded just today to W10M TH2.107 and release preview.
All apps except gestures were updated. Scan QR and Sygic navigation installation also end up in error. App storage is set to SD (I tried changing it to internal on WP8.1 but it did not help; I trust apps to ask to being installed to internal if they need to) and there's 4GB internal free.

Maybe anniversary and switch to redstone 2 has caused store to go haywire?

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
On 930. Hey Cortana finally worked for me on release preview build .103. Prior to that it's either complaining the region and language settings don't match (even when they do), or Cortana must be enabled first (which it is).

But check out deepakfletcher's post on http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0/44784852-ed60-4e8d-9cd5-df2260f9a7d6?page=2 Apparently Lumia facebook account told him Hey Cortana is no longer supported on earlier devices... Not impressed at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa