I've have had it now!!!!

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
As a very happy Win10M user, I am now at the end of my bloody tether with certain aspects of it.

After weeks of general happiness with the way things have been going, the so called 'AI', Cortana, has reverted to type. "Ask me anything" claim proudly boasts. "I can help you do more" etc... So why is it all it can do is rely on you to type in your request, ie, and then take you to bing? What is the point in that? You might as well use Edge in the first place! Interests are AWOL again, tracking? AWOL. Reminders? AWOL. And so we go on..... Two years old now, and yet we still can't get any more reliable than the fab beta on W8.1. How can you f**k something up so royally??? It's not just my 950XL, its happening on most of my company devices again, be they on RS TP or TH release. The most useful tool for my drivers, and we can't use it with any form of regularity

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the UK and interests and reminders are working fine for me. Cortana also works for the questions she knows, and I can play the Star Trek game (amazingly something works outside of the USA).

I'm not sure what your issues might be, possibly Cortana on your device needs resetting. Sometimes things don't work because there's not a strong network connection or location services have been turned off.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the UK and interests and reminders are working fine for me. Cortana also works for the questions she knows, and I can play the Star Trek game (amazingly something works outside of the USA).

I'm not sure what your issues might be, possibly Cortana on your device needs resetting. Sometimes things don't work because there's not a strong network connection or location services have been turned off.

this is interesting but observed before, where 2 people can have very different experiences even though they have similar usage scenarios

Grimwar

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site

Ireland user here, checking settings, ok i've UK English as Language and UK as region on a windows 10 pc.
US Language and US region on a windows 10 phone.
I have no voice command, like hey Cortana on my PC as i don't have a mike, but Cortana works great on the United Kingdom version of Cortana on my PC.
I have no idea why i setup a UK version on my PC. Do i even want to be associated with Brits any more?
I have the US version on my phone and all i can say it's great and it also syncs with the Brit PC.
Just changed the PC to US Language and Regional settings and the KeyBoard, Funny as i have a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Desktop Mouse-Combo and it's a US Keyboard, but due to regional UK settings it has UK keyboard as main setting, now it's US Great **** Brixet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720