How Cortana Knew that ?

mdivyakanth

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys I'm from India & I've been using windows 10 since it launch now I'm using windows 10 anniversary update. Today something happened which just kept me thinking how ? I casually booked my train ticket two days ago using firefox browser that's it. Today Just as l logged in Cortana popup showed that i've train reservation showing my source & destination with full schedule. I'm novice programmer but I didn't understand how cortana got this info. Well, my booking site send me an mail (outlook mail). Is it possible to cortana check my mails,found the reservation & added to my calender ? wow what ? It just very hard for me think like that ? can anyone suggest what's happened here ?

Really this event changed my mind.. waiting for proper intro

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
In short: yes, Cortana took that information from your email. If you feel uncomfortable about Cortana going through your email, you can always disable the feature.

I discovered this when Cortana reminded me about an Amazon package devilery. Personally, I think it's great and something all assistants do anyway. Again, you have the option to turn this off.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you can check this in the Settings of Cortana. There is an option there that "allows" Cortana to access your calendar, mail, etc. but this one is while your PC is locked. In previous discussions, one of the features/selling points of Cortana was the "ability" to fetch flight and trip information straight from your email. As expected, this raised a lot of privacy concerns - but that's an entirely different (lengthy and tedious) topic.

However, it doesn't always work. You're fortunate to be in one of the main markets of Microsoft (India, China, U.S., U.K.) so this feature is expected to work there. Where I'm in, it has never worked.

mdivyakanth

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
well I'm amazed that it's capable of doing it.. I'm very much interested in this feature definitely keeping this on . Well thanks for u r info & time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077