Calendar Entries for Packages

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I like the ability to just click Cortana and see package status for expected packages. What I don't like is the fact that she keeps putting entries in my calendar for the days that packages are expected to arrive. I find this rather irritating.

Is there a way to keep tracking packages, but turn off the entries that are being put into the calendar? If not, I'll just turn off package tracking, because I do have a preferred app for that anyway. Thanks!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, interesting p.o.v maybe they could allocate a section of packages in the calendar as in "Package Tracking". It's simple logic that you would have package entry for the date it due to arrive not the day it was ordered :winktongue:.

I like the fact that it adds the package entries into the calendar although I do not like it adding across every account lol. I have several outlook accounts and it's a pain. Why I have that many - simple compartmentalization - it gives me greater control and flexibility :excited:.

Furthermore my other niggle is that it adds the full address of the package delivery, if for instance if you left your phone on a cafe table and you have your calendar set for glance or lock screen detailed info - people will be able to see exactly where you live - oops. That in my mind does pose a security risk.

To negate that they can simple have the outline "package delivery - unlock to see more information" on glance / lock screen.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Good points. I just don't like it on my calendar. Not only is it an unnecessary item on my calendar, but it's not entirely accurate. For example, just this week I had two packages that came from Amazon ahead of the scheduled delivery, so the calendar appointment was useless. That's what I have Package Tracker for - to alert me when a box is on my porch. I'm home most of the day, but I don't always hear the truck come by, and the carriers have gotten so lazy that they'll leave the box on the porch five feet from the doorbell button, but won't ring it. Anyway, since I haven't deleted the appointments yet, those two packages are still on my calendar, and still listed in Cortana, as being scheduled to arrive Thursday, two days after they actually arrived. There's another package coming from China that could take weeks, and it's on my calendar for next Thursday. Yeah, like that can be counted on....

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Aaaaaaaaaaand after typing all that, I decided to just turn off package tracking in Cortana. Package Tracker works great for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro