Cortana is interupting me.

missourimary

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
I HATE Cortana, mainly because there is no way to ignore it. It keeps popping up on my laptop, asking for voice prompts. It does this in the middle of important work--it's like having a three year old embedded in my computer.

How can I make Cortana stop interrupting tasks? I would like to delete it, but am told this is not possible.

Last edited:

missourimary

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
Everything is switched to "off" in the settings, but it still keeps popping up, always at the worst moments and often several times in a row when I close it out. If I'm on the internet or in a game, it switches from that screen and brings up a message that takes the lower left forth of the screen and begs me to talk to it. I've even tried "shut up, Cortana" when it asks what I want... I can always hope that SOMETHING will do the trick...

Whisper2

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Cortana can be stopped..

Hey, guess what. *Microsoft gathers all passwords, All of your network devices. *All the software you have on these devices, all the sites you visit, etc. *That is included in their agreement to use ANY microsoft software. *And it can be used for enforcement of the agreement, business purposes and for the "safety" of people. *Oh did I mention Email content is included.

So there is a full court spying going on. *Since Microsoft is a corporation of liberals you may deduce the rest. *

As a practical matter it is best to shut down cortana. *The complete solution to that is to delete the directory or rename it. *That can be done in the second or 2 after you delete the "process" that is running called CORTANA in the program manager. *You have to be ready to rename the folder with Cortana files, because the process "Cortana" will restart automatically after you stop and delete it. The presence of the process "cortana" will prevent changing the folder name. *If *you want to be able to change your mind, just end the folder name with BAK or the like which can easily be identified and changed back to the original even after you forget what you did. *With the wrong folder name Windows cannot find the folder. *

If you use the "Microsoft acount" for sign in they still get your passwords. *You need to delete your password and have no password nor active account to stop that. *If you want to stop their obnoxious picture displays you may have to skip having a sign in, Use Chrome only. *I do not have a method for stopping advertising and the hideous news feed they place on EDGE even if you set the default pages to something else. *

If you set your Internet to a METERED connection, that still does not protect you from unwanted updates. *If you travel you will go onto other internet providers and immediately start getting unauthorized updates downloading secretly to your computer. *Then you wake up to the update forced on you with a greeting... "Update and Restart" ... lucky you.

Only certain updates can be rolled back,i.e. some can be uninstalled, depending on what microsoft wants to do, not what you want.

Privacy is dead and gone. The FBI wrote me a letter the other day saying, "Sorry dude, we've been hacked and all your personal information plus*your electronic fingerprints have been stolen." *a half million people got this letter. **Obama has all our emails stored and now Microsoft is proving they can outdo the others.

Welcome to the new world! *At least the author above likes the new Cortana Service?!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Cortana can be stopped..

Hey, guess what. *Microsoft gathers all passwords, All of your network devices. *All the software you have on these devices, all the sites you visit, etc. *That is included in their agreement to use ANY microsoft software. *And it can be used for enforcement of the agreement, business purposes and for the "safety" of people. *Oh did I mention Email content is included.

So there is a full court spying going on. *Since Microsoft is a corporation of liberals you may deduce the rest. *

As a practical matter it is best to shut down cortana. *The complete solution to that is to delete the directory or rename it. *That can be done in the second or 2 after you delete the "process" that is running called CORTANA in the program manager. *You have to be ready to rename the folder with Cortana files, because the process "Cortana" will restart automatically after you stop and delete it. The presence of the process "cortana" will prevent changing the folder name. *If *you want to be able to change your mind, just end the folder name with BAK or the like which can easily be identified and changed back to the original even after you forget what you did. *With the wrong folder name Windows cannot find the folder. *

If you use the "Microsoft acount" for sign in they still get your passwords. *You need to delete your password and have no password nor active account to stop that. *If you want to stop their obnoxious picture displays you may have to skip having a sign in, Use Chrome only. *I do not have a method for stopping advertising and the hideous news feed they place on EDGE even if you set the default pages to something else. *

If you set your Internet to a METERED connection, that still does not protect you from unwanted updates. *If you travel you will go onto other internet providers and immediately start getting unauthorized updates downloading secretly to your computer. *Then you wake up to the update forced on you with a greeting... "Update and Restart" ... lucky you.

Only certain updates can be rolled back,i.e. some can be uninstalled, depending on what microsoft wants to do, not what you want.

Privacy is dead and gone. The FBI wrote me a letter the other day saying, "Sorry dude, we've been hacked and all your personal information plus*your electronic fingerprints have been stolen." *a half million people got this letter. **Obama has all our emails stored and now Microsoft is proving they can outdo the others.

Welcome to the new world! *At least the author above likes the new Cortana Service?!
Is everything alright?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05