Why isn't there a Microsoft Cortana Home Assistant

Randall Mummert

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Okay. So there's now Amazon Echo, Google home, and others. Why the heck isn't there a Microsoft Halo (badass marketing name and it could be shaped like a halo) where Cortana is the home assistant..? Who works at Windows R&D department and what are they even doing? Cortana is awesome, but there's no good outlet for its use.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
There are rumors pointing towards a similar move by Microsoft, but Windows 10 isn't quite ready yet. I'm sure it'll come eventually, but Microsoft isn't just going to throw something out there because everyone else is. They're going to release their implementation whenever they're ready.

SaxoBeat

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
I love Microsoft but unfortunately Microsoft as always is the slow-moving grandad, always gets to the party to late.
By the time, they bring something to market for the home assistant market people will have embedded themselves in the tech like Apple Fanboys who won’t change ever, they will have missed the boat again.
Wearables got there too late so everyone was already entrenched with their devices and then gave us incomplete tech that everyone complained about, then dumped it rather than giving us the proper backing and support. Tablets they arrived to little too late and allowed android to take over, eventually android PC’s will take over Microsoft operating systems and I won’t be happy but it’s the way of the times. Mobile phones waited for everyone to get a head them and brought a mobile company from last decade and complain when they aren’t up to speed and give us bad tech with no real enthusiasm. The only thing they have got almost right is the Mac killer the Surface but that’s overpriced too. I got asked last week to stop using Microsoft office suite at work as I’m the only one that still uses it and now have to switch to googles version of Excel which is better for working together (not sure I’m going to like it as I love excel).
Unless they change something at the top they are heading the way of all companies that get too big for their boots, they spend more time in meetings about meetings instead of letting there programmers off the lease occasionally and having hack a days or fun things where they get to dream and build.
I think there must be someone at the top of Microsoft that is a suited blazer wearing employee of the opposition because they keep on doing them favours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99