What do you guys think of this Cortana - Engadget aricle?

nasznjoka

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
but he pointed that out.... why test it on a dead platform?? hey I think there might be more active cortana users on android than theres on any windows platform...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Where is he actually supposed to buy a new Windows phone to test with? Plus he tested the application as provided by Microsoft, maybe take it up with them for releasing half baked software.....

Sent from mTalk

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
This guy is using Cortana on Android and basically eviscerates Cortana for all it's failings. The logical thing for me would have been him testing Cortana on the Windows 10 Mobile on the latest Windows 10 mobile device released, the Idol 4S...

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/25/ai-week-with-microsoft-cortana/

The review was biased, I mean who says he hasnt used Windows 10 on pc since ages, tells me his technology expertise. but not a fan of cortana either, it sucks on my w10m and w10, may be works well in US

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
i tried bixby, and boy bixby can do alot of things within the OS. I know Cortana is an AI built to learn about us. but microsoft should have made Cortana better by now. I mean, here we go again, Microsoft indroduces a great feature, but someone else made it even waaaaaaaaay better. and Microsoft right now is waaaaaay tooooo sloooooowww improving it. Just can't really tell by now, what specific area is Microsoft focused on with Windows 10. Creators okay I got that. Gamers, understandable. but what about regular consumers?

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
i tried bixby, and boy bixby can do alot of things within the OS. I know Cortana is an AI built to learn about us. but microsoft should have made Cortana better by now. I mean, here we go again, Microsoft indroduces a great feature, but someone else made it even waaaaaaaaay better. and Microsoft right now is waaaaaay tooooo sloooooowww improving it. Just can't really tell by now, what specific area is Microsoft focused on with Windows 10. Creators okay I got that. Gamers, understandable. but what about regular consumers?

I would bet money a lot of what is making Cortana inferior on Android/iOS is the fact that it's a third-party app. This is why MS is going to regret giving up on mobile. Native apps/programs on their respective platforms will always be given more freedom and power than those of apps/programs from rival companies.

Do you think Apple would ever let a google app have the same rights/power/freedom to hook deep into the OS and integrate as well as Apples's own native app? Never. Ditto for Google.

Try as they might, MS will ALWAYS be at a disadvantage to get Outlook/Bing/Groove/OneDrive/Cortana/etc as solid, stable, and integrated as the native, competing apps. And because of this, you will slowly see the MS faithful give up as the start using the native apps just because they work just a little bit better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6