Cortana is weakened if its not baked into a phone

Pedro Bustos

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Now that it seems Win10Mobile is no more and no word of Microsoft giving another mobile platform a try, I can't help but think that Cortana is going to have far less potential in the future.

If I look on Cortana's Notebook on PC, I see things like One The Go and Reservations to name but two very mobile specific things. I reluctantly gave up on Windows Mobile last year and switched iOS - its a dreary and old OS, with a poor user experience - and downloaded the Cortana app.

The iOS app does not contain the same attributes as the PC version. So to get the best out of Cortana currently, never go out and always have a PC switched on.

For any virtual assistant to work, and be useful, surely they should be on a portable device, like a smartphone?

So why have Microsoft seemed to have given up on a mobile platform? I can't see Cortana being relevant unless she is baked into one. Surely she is weakened now?

What do you think?

Have a read of the article below and tell me how you see things heading for Cortana now:

https://www.wired.com/story/alexa-cortana-team-up-wont-get-far-without-a-phone/

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Probably Cortana will join the long list of MS failed products: Kin, Band, Zune, Groove Music, Skype, Windows mobile/WP/W10m and many more.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well even on android where there is more system access Cortana is a poor experience compared to WP so who knows? I'm sure the usage numbers are padded by people doing typed searches on Pc's but on mobile from my experience its not worth keeping around.

Sent from mTalk

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Sad but true. I've got Cortana on my Android but she's only there as a widget for better reminders etc. I tried it as the default Voice Assistant but it's so limited that it just isn't worthwhile so I have Google Assistant as default and Cortana to fill in the gaps. Android is definitely more open than iOS but even Google will never give Cortana or any other third party assistant the same integration as their own.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium