Cortana and reminders wtih locatoins on an HP x3 Elite help?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I can use Cortana to set reminder fairly accurately when I have a time.

But when it comes to a place, not so good. It keeps asking me for a time, even though I mention a place.

So I add it manually - it finds the place and the address populates the field. But then I can't hit remind me. It just sits there...even though the button 'clicks'.

Reboot of phone does nothing...

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Mr. V

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
That's odd. That was one of my most used and most reliable features of Cortana for me when I had my 950XL. I'm sure you have already checked, but have you looked in the settings to make sure you location is turned on? Also, if you use Cortana on your PC, you might want to make sure the location is enabled in those settings as well. Just a thought. Probably has nothing to do with your issue though.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
That's odd. That was one of my most used and most reliable features of Cortana for me when I had my 950XL. I'm sure you have already checked, but have you looked in the settings to make sure you location is turned on? Also, if you use Cortana on your PC, you might want to make sure the location is enabled in those settings as well. Just a thought. Probably has nothing to do with your issue though.

Good points - but yes, my location is turned on.

Thanks for commenting - appreciated!

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
OK, it turns out it works....but takes a VERY long time!!!!

Cortana sits and spins for upwards of 5 minutes, then gets it. But also delays when it asks me yes/no/cancel. If I say yes - takes another 5 minutes.

Weird it works...but what is going on? People in the cloud manually filling out my calendar?

Hello,

I can use Cortana to set reminder fairly accurately when I have a time.

But when it comes to a place, not so good. It keeps asking me for a time, even though I mention a place.

So I add it manually - it finds the place and the address populates the field. But then I can't hit remind me. It just sits there...even though the button 'clicks'.

Reboot of phone does nothing...

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Mr. V

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon