Sending texts from Cortana on PC using Windows 10 Mobile not working now?

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Using a 950 XL and while I still receive text notifications in the Action Center on my PC and I can reply to them, I can't send a text from within Cortana (open and type "send message to whoever"). I get the message below on 3 different systems. Anyone still able to send texts this way, connected to a W10M phone? First noticed this yesterday after updating my 950 XL with the November update.

Cortana can't send messages.jpg

Pairadyce

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Using a 950 XL and while I still receive text notifications in the Action Center on my PC and I can reply to them, I can't send a text from within Cortana (open and type "send message to whoever"). I get the message below on 3 different systems. Anyone still able to send texts this way, connected to a W10M phone? First noticed this yesterday after updating my 950 XL with the November update.

View attachment 140147

Only works when I use voice command but not typing it out.

Dormph

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Same here. Just noticed today. I tried speaking but Cortana came up with the same response. Hope this feature is not broken.

James Long6

Nov 17, 2018
Visit site
After the Windows 10 update now I have to type or say, "send text message" in Cortana. Then Cortana asks me who I want to send it to. I can also type or say, "send text message to <name in my contacts>".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923