I have two different Harman Kardon Invoke speakers, Set up with two different Microsoft accounts. This morning I was awoken to my bedroom speaker seemingly stuck in the startup mode, noted by the two circular rotating motion lights on top. Engaging Cortana was met with a response of “something went wrong.”

I reset it back to factory, went through set up again; and the issue persisted.

I went back to bed after unplugging it. I then woke up and plugged it back in, same thing. A few hours later I asked Cortana a question and all was well. The lights went away.

In my kitchen, the Invoke speaker there had the same behavior.

I am concluding that the issue is appearing to be server side at Microsoft. But I’m wondering, did anybody else have this issue?
    12-14-2018 02:31 PM
    I didn't notice any thing like that today on mine. What time did it happen?
    12-15-2018 05:01 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how many people rely on Cortana, but I am a bit dependent.

It occurred in the wee hours of Friday morning for me. I'm not sure the exact time - somewhere between 9:30 PM PST Thursday and 5 AM Friday. There is always a chance it could be my home network or ISP, but no other devices appear to have an issue.
    12-15-2018 05:36 PM
    I had a similar issue yesterday (Friday) evening. All four of my Invokes were "offline" and only showing the spinning lights on top. I reset one of them, and it started working again. I left the others alone. Overnight, two of the other three fixed themselves, but one was still spinning. I just called out the "Hey, Cortana" phrase and it came alive like normal.
    Don't know what was going on.
    12-15-2018 07:38 PM