Anybody having issues with Cortana/invoke speakers today?

oldmacgenius

Feb 2, 2018
Visit site
I have two different Harman Kardon Invoke speakers, Set up with two different Microsoft accounts. This morning I was awoken to my bedroom speaker seemingly stuck in the startup mode, noted by the two circular rotating motion lights on top. Engaging Cortana was met with a response of “something went wrong.”

I reset it back to factory, went through set up again; and the issue persisted.

I went back to bed after unplugging it. I then woke up and plugged it back in, same thing. A few hours later I asked Cortana a question and all was well. The lights went away.

In my kitchen, the Invoke speaker there had the same behavior.

I am concluding that the issue is appearing to be server side at Microsoft. But I’m wondering, did anybody else have this issue?

oldmacgenius

Feb 2, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how many people rely on Cortana, but I am a bit dependent.

It occurred in the wee hours of Friday morning for me. I'm not sure the exact time - somewhere between 9:30 PM PST Thursday and 5 AM Friday. There is always a chance it could be my home network or ISP, but no other devices appear to have an issue.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue yesterday (Friday) evening. All four of my Invokes were "offline" and only showing the spinning lights on top. I reset one of them, and it started working again. I left the others alone. Overnight, two of the other three fixed themselves, but one was still spinning. I just called out the "Hey, Cortana" phrase and it came alive like normal.
Don't know what was going on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3