After 2 days i own it, moly is going to die :/

Elior Sal

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
hi

just got my new moly from amazon.
the phone looks and feel very nice! i had the lumia 830 that feels more Premium than the moly but its still fine.
after two day in use the lock button has Stopped working and i cant wake up the device unless i get any massage or calls...i can wake it up if i connect it to the charger and pull it out, untill he lock himself again :\

theres no any! constraction how to open this phone and fix the problem and thats sucks! my local labs dont know this device and dont want to take a chances on his...
im screwed :angry:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Contact the seller if you can. The phone is obviously defective and if they have any half-decent warranty policy you should be OK.

Elior Sal

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Contact the seller if you can. The phone is obviously defective and if they have any half-decent warranty policy you should be OK.
t
Thanks, thats what i did.
he said he will glad to hear if i can solved this in my local labs (?!)
and if not he want me to send him a video of the problem and see what he can do.

i did that and waiting for an answer....

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if maybe a soft reset would work. Try either holding power and volume down until the phone restarts OR if the battery is removable, you can pull the battery out and let it sit for a few seconds before putting it back in and restarting.

Elior Sal

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if maybe a soft reset would work. Try either holding power and volume down until the phone restarts OR if the battery is removable, you can pull the battery out and let it sit for a few seconds before putting it back in and restarting.

I thought about it too.. but the power button is not responding at all even for locking the phone (the same button) and the battery is not removable :\
thats y i always charge it becouse if the phone will out of power i cant ever turn it on again
(if the phone is off battery and you charge it he dont wake up like lumia's devises he just show you the battery progress and not turnd on)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Which model? They have 2 out, the X1 and the W5. What version of the OS are you running?

Have you tried a Factory Reset to rule out software issue? Settings > System > About > Reset your phone

I believe it is the X1 as its in the X1 section and OP may have mentioned X1 in his duplicate thread that I removed.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, xandros9... The reset device applies either way. I was just curious. This is the Coship lumped together forum for right now. LOL

Elior Sal

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Which model? They have 2 out, the X1 and the W5. What version of the OS are you running?

Have you tried a Factory Reset to rule out software issue? Settings > System > About > Reset your phone

Oops.
yes this is the X1 :)

i will try to reset the phone now..fingers crossed:sweaty:

Last edited:

Elior Sal

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
*UPDATE*

like I thought..still not working :\
ill just return it back and thats it.
i think i will buy the 950XL instead of Cheap phones

thanks guys for the help!

Elior Salem

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, warranty then. Likely they will give you a replacement before a refund... Let us know how it turns out.

The seller Offered go to my locl labs and he will send me pics from his Technicians how to fix it (?!) and hell pay for it. nice, but not realistic.
after the local labs didnt want to take the responsebility for that, i asked for refound
so he offered to send me a new device after i ship the old one to him but its also not a good option because ill have to pay local taxs for the new one again and its like 120$ a half of this phone.
so finally he agree to give me a refound and thats all.

pretty shame, the phone is realy one of the beautiful of windows mobile out there (in real more then the vidios) and i started to like it :\

going back to my lumia 830 for now.

thanks!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The seller Offered go to my locl labs and he will send me pics from his Technicians how to fix it (?!) and hell pay for it. nice, but not realistic.
after the local labs didnt want to take the responsebility for that, i asked for refound
so he offered to send me a new device after i ship the old one to him but its also not a good option because ill have to pay local taxs for the new one again and its like 120$ a half of this phone.
so finally he agree to give me a refound and thats all.

pretty shame, the phone is realy one of the beautiful of windows mobile out there (in real more then the vidios) and i started to like it :\

going back to my lumia 830 for now.

thanks!

Shame about your defective unit, and they do look beautiful in the unboxing vidz.

Glad to hear you have an 830 though. Another beautiful phone and it takes awesome pictures.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi,Elior
This is Moly Team.We do apologize for the inconvenience that we made to you and thanks for your interests in our Moly windows phone.
We will keep close attention to the quality to make sure every customers could get a better windows phone in the future.
If you have any other good suggestions ,welcome to contact us!
Have a nice day

Welcome to the forums. It's always good to see a company reach out and show an interest in their users. :cool:

Elior Salem

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi,Elior
This is Moly Team.We do apologize for the inconvenience that we made to you and thanks for your interests in our Moly windows phone.
We will keep close attention to the quality to make sure every customers could get a better windows phone in the future.
If you have any other good suggestions ,welcome to contact us!
Have a nice day

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos