Best BYOD plan - Cricket?

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My contract with Sprint is almost up and I am looking to get an unlocked WP and a BYOD service. Cricket has a $35 monthly plan with unlimited nationwide talk/text and unlimited data, although your data speed is throttled after 2.5GB a month. They also seem to have great coverage.

Anyone have experience with Cricket or advice on other carriers?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm just starting with Cricket. The real value there is if you bundle multiple lines and get that discount. So far everything seems good. No worries on the service, I'm in a strong ATT area. Cricket is ATT owned.

If you want Max Data / $ check out Straight Talk. $45/month gets you 5GB if you BYOD.

Straight Talk has ATT, T-Mo, Vzw and Sprint service. Check with their site about activating what you bring.

If you really don't talk a lot, H2O has some great bargain plans. Best bet if you can go dual SIM is H2O for cheap talk and T-Mo for data only with data stash.

Get a Factory Unlocked phone...

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the tips rumored. The sad thing is I found I only have been on Sprint for a year and have another year left. It seems like one year on Android feels like a lot longer than it should be.

cellman111

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
The best Cricket wireless plan, is the Smart plan with auto pay; for $45 per month you get unlimited talk,text, and 8 GB of 4G LTE data, and unlimited text messages to about 38 countries, and unlimited talk, text to and from Canada and Mexico. the plan provided coverage over the AT&T network.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Oh that's a new level, I still stick with the basic 2.5 GB plan. I almost never go over my limit (only when I had an app mess up), and then I just deal with the slower speeds for a couple days.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the Smart plan with auto pay; for $45 per month you get unlimited talk,text, and 8 GB of 4G LTE data, and unlimited text messages to about 38 countries, and unlimited talk, text to and from Canada and Mexico. the plan provided coverage over the AT&T network.

Oh that's a new level

It's a Holiday Promo. If you are on the old $50 ($45 autopay) for 5GB, you can move to the 8GB at no cost. New lines get the 8GB.

Expect this to end shortly after New Year's... When the Promo goes away you keep the 8GB so long as you keep paying on it.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok makes sense. Like I said I am good with 2.5. It was only 500MB when I started there, and has slowly been getting more and more. I think I have 3 days left this month, and have only used 800MB.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I had my W10M L640 on the $70 ($65 autopay) Unlimited, Unlimited using about 100gb/mo. No typo there & no throttling. I stream almost all my tv and movies from free streaming sites (no Netflix or Hulu for me), and would also torrent. I push everything to my ScreenBeam Mini 2 in my HDTV. This was before I had in-home Wi-Fi. Now I do, and I switched to the 2.5gb plan. They're reliable, fast(er) as advertised. Customer Service is out of Honduras, but they're capable. If the price is better, go for it. L650 is cheap right now.

PS. They also allow a SIM hot swap between devices without any network changes. So you can switch phones as fast as you can swap the SIM.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)