Nationwide Cricket Wireless outage

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
My service has been out since around 4pm EST. I'm located in Florida. The issue i believe actually started in the early morning hours today. My boss' phone wasn't getting calls or texts at 7am this morning. He had to restart it to get texts to come through.

No calls. No text. No data for me currently.

Good luck trying to get through on the phone to their support staff, i was on hold for over 45mins before i gave up. AND that's after 3 attempts with a busy tone....

They've only just admitted to an "issue" affecting "some" customers. Don't be fooled. This is nationwide.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, i came to the forums a few times earlier but didn't see anything. Thought it was isolated, only just went to Twitter a while ago.

Funniest **** i've seen all day.

Capture.PNG

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, i came to the forums a few times earlier but didn't see anything. Thought it was isolated, only just went to Twitter a while ago.

Funniest **** i've seen all day.

View attachment 127171

Yes it seems that the wireless carrier reps watch Twitter for issues with other carriers. When I was on Net10, I had an issue and went to Twitter. Very quickly I received a reply from a T-Mobile rep offering their service.

The funny thing was that I had used T-Mobile for a year or so before I was on Net10, but ended up dropping them because their service was too weak in my area. If T-Mobile would have had good service where I live, I would probably still be on it today. This was a couple years ago. I think T-Mobile is better here now, but there's no way I'm dropping my Verizon unlimited data line!

In short, while I was not happy with Net10, the problem was their customer service. At least I had good coverage with their AT&T service. I'd choose good coverage with bad customer service any day over poor coverage with good customer service.

jpharwood

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
My 640 and my son's Blu Win have been out for hours, but my wife's Moto G never lost service. All are on Cricket. Curious. Band specific issue, maybe?

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Cricket in the Boston area and haven't had service since 5pm. Some friends with AT&T have had service on and off. Reboots make the data icon dance between LTE and no service.

I'm enjoying not being bombarded with SMS.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I am located in the Los Angeles region have have been out of service since about 4:50 PST. No change in the signal, and this situation is embarrassing to the network. I just hope service is restored by tomorrow morning.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Verizon was quick this time to sway customers(angry) from cricket. I hope that VZ wouldn't block OS updates from now onwards.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how many hours I was out... Came back on the overnight.

To everyone thinking they are dumping Cricket over this... Really? One outage?

The affordability is a major factor for me. I'm not terribly butt hurt over this.

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

The affordability is a major factor for me. I'm not terribly butt hurt over this.

Seriously it's like electricity going out and then "Oh I'm dumping electricity and going solar or whatever" Geez people things go out sometimes like social media outages or gaming etc.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android (V10 or 5x)

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

I agree. I thought it was kind of funny how everyone was so quick to demand compensation or threaten to leave their service. I have been with them for years and this was the first time there was so much as a hiccup in service. The money saved over the years is worth a small inconvenience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo