Community, help me build new pc

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Sorry bro I don't have a 1080p monitor so wont be able to tell you actual fps.
But I googled it and found that with ultra settings on 1080p res you can get min 32fps and max 63-70fps and avg was around 47fps in wod( warlords of draenor)
With your pc spec? If that's true..that's an big upgrade for me!

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Mine is GTX 760 at 1440 x 900 display. Really fast.
I play Dota 2, Elsword, Skyrim, CSGO, EOS, Aura Kingdom, ect

Most of them are MMO which getting laggy when too many people fight together

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
By the way, iread some forums people say 750ti is garbage compared to some old 66xti or even ati r7/9.
Should i concider that?
it is slower than gtx 660ti and amd r9 series but they cost more i dont know about your country but here gtx 750ti and r7260x cost $150 and gtx 660ti and r9 270x cost $230.
gtx 750ti and r7 260x performs identical in games you will notice hardly 5% diff in fps.
Go for the one which suits your budget as i dont know about prices in your country but in india both card cost same.
I decided to go for gtx 750ti cause of its less power requirements gtx 750ti requires 60watt and r7 260x requires 115watt so you will need more powerful PSU

Last edited:

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
By the way, iread some forums people say 750ti is garbage compared to some old 66xti or even ati r7/9.
Should i concider that?

Those people is stupid I guess. *50 series always made to have less power but draw as much power possible while *20 till *40 series is cheaper and even more power friendly.

750 Ti simply succecor of 650 Ti with better performance. But if you want get hard core card with reasonable price get 760

Once again please don't compare *50 series with *60 series. They never intended to play on same class in term of performance and prices

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I've contacted some people, i might get really good components for ..well underprice as hell. For example there is one guy who badly needs money and want to sell his r9 card for 100?...i cannot alow to myself to be hasty, need to wait and ask around because i might get beast of the price lower then aywhere. (pros of my country)

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I've contacted some people, i might get really good components for ..well underprice as hell. For example there is one guy who badly needs money and want to sell his r9 card for 100?...i cannot alow to myself to be hasty, need to wait and ask around because i might get beast of the price lower then aywhere. (pros of my country)

Great than make sure you get a good psu try to get at least rated bronze psu if possible or get some other having efficiency greater than 80% the brands which I trust for low profile are antec,seasonic try to avoid corsair vs series they are not good or you will risk again burning your parts.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
If i can't get money right away for good psu, i'l get some afordable and save for good one. It's a must.
By the way, lot of people told me to avoid amd and focus on intel, what you can say me about that?

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
If i can't get money right away for good psu, i'l get some afordable and save for good one. It's a must.
By the way, lot of people told me to avoid amd and focus on intel, what you can say me about that?

No it's not true AMD FX series are still best for gaming on budget.
In some games i5 will perform better and in some games FX 6300/8320 will perform better.
If you are on a very tight budget then you should go for FX 6300/8320 or else Avoid i3 and try to get i5.
As dual core are useless now for gaming.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

That because AMD love to change their socket while intel not. Purchasing intel based system gave you wider upgrade map in future.

For example you get LGA 1155 Sandy Bridge in past and can upgrade it to Ivy Bridge without changing your board.

Same thing with LGA 2011.

In my oppinion you should get i5 2500k plenty fast

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Tbh ram is not my main concerne. Cpu is. How well and what can i do with games like wow(wod), wicher3, asscreed..can i play them? Wich settings (concider all others conponetne#)

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Found one deal:
i7-950
x58a-ud5
12gb 1600mhz

Prize is around 200?
I will use old 6770 till i get somethi g like 750ti or r9 series. What do you think?

System look nice at that price point.
With gtx 750ti you will get around 30-40fps in witcher 3 on everything high with hairworks off at 1080p
I get around 30-55fps at 1366*768
If you get r9 gpu you will get much higher fps if you can wait then wait for sometime on gpu as AMD new 300 series are coming so you will find much better deal on 200 series or who knows you can get a 300 series gpu too if they launch mid range 300 series gpu.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Mhm, i see..cool, i'l keep that in mind.
As for cpu, is it really worthy to get i5 2500k ( or newer but no expencive like 4680/90k) ) instead i7 950?
In benchmarks i see wow will run preety much good on both cpus, but what about everything else, my gpu can't realy be all horsepower here, so should i focus on i5's?

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Alright update.
There is 99% i'll get i5 3570, 8ddr and hd 7970(7990 depends). Looking nice from my perspective and hope i could achive ultra with no fps problems.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Just a thought. Consider an AMD FX 8350 or 8370. These are often criticised for not being as good as an Intel CPU for gaming, but in reality things are not so simple. The price and speed of an AMD build with this chip and a good ASUS mobo will compete well with your suggested i5 3570 in single/dual core gaming (though there will always be some games that favour AMD or Intel for no discernable reason). When doing stuff that uses the full 8 cores however, the FX 8350/70 will be beating off many an i7. As games get more multi-cored (not a fast process, but many are wanting 4 cores these days) the AMD chips may well show a longer useful lifespan before upgrade is needed as well, so if you aren't the sort to upgrade regularly to the latest and greatest you may appreciate that.

Not a system for everyone, but well worth considering.

Also, 16gig of ram is worth considering now. That way you can get a matched pair of sticks and won't have to run mismatched sticks when you feel the need to expand. If you use a Crucial SSD in the build as I do you can leverage that ram with their speedy caching driver and you will have to wear flight goggles.

Additionally, contrary to comments earlier in this thread, AMD change their socket types in an incompatible way very infrequently. They just bolt on. The AM3+ socket is newest but my old AM2 ran all AM2+ CPUs and lasted through three major CPU upgrades well.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12