Alright I decided to share what I've put in my latest PC master race upgrade!

I actually upgraded a while ago already but forgot to post here earlier.

Anyways, after a lot of youtube videos about benchmarks watched and after a long time of calculating all expenses I decided to go with the following set up:
    1. Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-250B-D3H
    2. CPU: Intel Core i5 7600 (with stock cooler)
    3. GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 8 GB VRAM
    4. RAM: 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2333 MHZ RAM (planning to upgrade to 16)
    5. SSD: 240 GB Kingston Fury SSD
    6. HDD: 2 TB Toshiba 7200 RPM HDD
    7. PSU: be quiet's 500W with cable management built-in
    8. CASE: NZXT S340 Black/blue
    9: OS: Windows 10 Home

This was the first PC I've built myself and I was so happy when the BIOS turned on the first time when I powered the PC on. There were some issues with the recognition of the SSD and HDD, but I managed to fix that and now I have a lightning fast PC compared to the one that I used to have now for 3, years, although the most of the components were 4-5 years old (back then I did not know enough about PCs as my first PC had Windows XP and 512 MB ram and most of the games weren't playable for me back then so I everything I've read sounded better, lol).
    Guytronic and Josiah23 like this.
    05-15-2017 04:59 PM
    First and foremost, congrats on your first PC build!!!

Pretty good build there I like it. My PC 3 or so years ago was... barely a PC, lol.

I just started getting into PC's not too long ago (2 1/2 years maybe). I broke EVERYTHING (almost) trying to build my first PC, lol.

I might upgrade my 2nd PC build to a 1070 since it currently has a GTX 970 (MSI).

People say that 16GB of RAM is overkill but I would still go for it for future-proofing your PC, I upgraded to 16GB a little before Christmas time and I'm happy I did, since the things I do require a bit more than 8GB. (PC Game Developer)

I was actually looking at that exact SSD, I'm not sure why I didn't get it at first... I ended up with a Samsung 950 Pro (I think) but It's been running a bit iffy so it's UPGRADE TIME!! Lol.

Do you plan on Water-cooling your CPU and GPU anytime soon? I did it so it both could last as long as possible.
    kaktus1389 likes this.
    05-15-2017 05:12 PM
    Nice one there, hope to see some titles from you in future!

I was thinking about getting the 140mm NZXT kraken, but since I am not going to overclock the processor I don't think it's really needed there. Perhaps I will just buy a proper air cooler in future.

As it goes for RAM yeah, many people say it's an overkill but I agree with you - I was playing some Ghost Recon Wildlands and I forgot to close Edge before I started playing and I got warning about inconsistent frame rate due to lack of RAM (though I didn't notice any FPS drops, lol). So yeah, optimal amount for playing modern games on high settings would be 16 GB.
    Josiah23 likes this.
    05-16-2017 08:47 AM
    Nice build you have there. I would disagree about an excess of RAM. Some of the newer games coming out are using a lot of RAM. Titanfall 2, is recommended for 16 GB of RAM, I think. What I think is going to happen is some of these game devs are going to start using more RAM, as the newer boards can take up to 64 GB.
    08-15-2017 10:08 AM
    Sick build bro! I really wanted to build my own but I needed something reliable, can't have any problems as I use it to work on. Just bought a cyberpower from best buy.
    02-08-2018 01:44 AM