This or the Acer Iconia W4?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
So the W4 was just announced today. What do you think? Is this better or the W4? My friend wants an 8 inch windows tablet, and there are many choices. The venue 8 pro, the encore, the w4, and the lenovo one. Please let me know. Thanks.

DCProjMgr

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have also ordered the Dell - they are saying that the 64GB units are due Nov 1.

This does not have an active digitizer - it has a capacitive screen, as does all the other announced 8" tablets (Acer, Lenovo, Toshiba). It uses the same technology as the Galaxy Note 2. The case is just a folio, it does not have a keyboard. Really, would you want to type on an 8" keyboard that would fit in that case?

I had an Acer W3, and I would definitely pass on the W4. The W4 has a better screen and processor, but it's too heavy and thick for what it does. The Toshiba shares its dimensions, but at least the Encore is throwing in an 8mp camera, dual noise-cancelling mics, and other advanced tech that rivals don't have.

The Lenovo is the smallest and lightest of the bunch and very much worth a look when it arrives.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
If it comes to the Microsoft store or any other retail outlet (like best buy, staples, etc), my friend will order it. I'm not recommending dell.com, as their customer support stinks, and I would hate for my friends to chat with their "support" team.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petazinta