11-18-2014 04:26 AM
96 1234
tools
    The poetic case is a really good buy, I really like it. I just wish it had more room on the top and bottom to swipe when holding it landscape.
    12-08-2013 12:16 AM
    Any battery cases mentioned like the Surface one?
    12-08-2013 09:09 PM
    The poetic case is a really good buy, I really like it. I just wish it had more room on the top and bottom to swipe when holding it landscape.
    This is a big issue with any case that is meant for touchscreen with gestures. It is something that is forgotten many times.
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-08-2013 09:11 PM
    Just ordered an Active Stylus and this is what they are telling me ...

Dell Active Stylus for Venue Pro Tablets
    Estimated Delivery Date: 12/30/2013

December 30th !!!! come on Dell
    12-09-2013 02:35 PM
    Just ordered an Active Stylus and this is what they are telling me ...

Dell Active Stylus for Venue Pro Tablets
    Estimated Delivery Date: 12/30/2013

December 30th !!!! come on Dell
    According to a few people's interaction with Dell Support, they needed to make a new stylus since something was apparently wrong with the original. They only started sending out replacements to those who complained. Maybe they're working on improvements before sending yours?
    12-09-2013 03:02 PM
    The reviews for the stylus are pretty unanimous. Bummer.

Dell Active Stylus for Dell Tablets (Windows) : Computer Accessories | Dell
    12-09-2013 04:54 PM
    does it have a pen holder?
    Yes it does. I just picked one up today.
    12-09-2013 05:11 PM
    i hate the pen being on the outer edge of most of those cases, i wish there were a portfolio case that had the pen loop on the fold like the roocase portfolio. i emailed roocase, and they have no apparent plans to make a case for the dvp8, but i think that after the holiday there may be enough of them out there to justify it
    12-10-2013 12:36 PM
    Anyone have recommendations for a screen protector?
    12-14-2013 02:30 PM
    Anyone have recommendations for a screen protector?
    I'm using the iLlumiShield one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FY2SCNQ...pUvbUpU2259766

Easy application. Negative reviews seem to indicate that there are sensitivity issues after applying the protector. While, I thought the same when I first applied it, it seemed to go away after a while. Hard to say if sensitivity got worse when there were issues from the beginning, and there still are. Since the product did come with two, maybe I'll remove the first, check for sensitivity changes sans protector, and then apply the second protector...
    booyasaka likes this.
    12-14-2013 05:01 PM
    According to a few people's interaction with Dell Support, they needed to make a new stylus since something was apparently wrong with the original. They only started sending out replacements to those who complained. Maybe they're working on improvements before sending yours?
    I had ordered one last week and it says estimated delivery by the Dec 30th with a status of "In Production."

The details of that status are:

In Production
    Upon approval of payment for your order, the order will be In Production. Production time includes obtaining the parts, assembly or build time, and shipping preparations/transit to the carrier. Shipping preparations will vary based on type of order and size.

So yes, I'm hoping that they are actually holding off on shipping until they have a new stylus that actually, consistently works as intended. While I'm anxious to get the stylus, I would much rather wait and receive one that works (hopefully) than get one which is going to frustrate the hell out of me and cause me to go through the hassle of getting a replacement.

That's the screen protector that I'm using as well. Seems to work well so far. I'm glad that they provide two screen protectors because try as I did, a small fiber got under the first one in the middle of the screen so I had to try again with the second one. Initially it felt a bit sticky but it seems to have smoothed out and feels better now.
    Last edited by TheArcaneFlame; 12-14-2013 at 06:10 PM.
    12-14-2013 05:44 PM
    the stylus seems to suck for drawing, but it is awesome for notetaking. i use it with onenote at work and never carry around notepad anymore. I am still holding out on a better case option. i hate the dell case i have now
    12-14-2013 09:18 PM
    If anyone has a BlackBerry keyboard from the PlayBook I've tested it and it works on Venue. Even the trackpad.
    MA83 likes this.
    12-15-2013 12:25 AM
    For anyone considering a neoprene style sleeve or slip case... the "BUILT Neoprene Envelope for 7 - 8 Inch e-Readers and Tablets" is actually just a bit too small. If it was about half an inch longer it would fit perfectly. You can get the DV8P in there but it's a bit of a struggle. They do make a 9 - 10 inch version geared towards netbooks so I ordered that one to try out. Amazon.com : BUILT Neoprene Envelope for 7-inch to 8-inch e-reader or Tablet, Black : Touch Screen Tablet Computer Sleeves : Electronics Hopefully it's not too big. I'll report back after I get it.

At work I've got the Logitech Tablet Keyboard for Android and that works just fine. They do make a Windows version of this keyboard now so that would obviously be preferable. It looks to be identical to the pure android version other than having the appropriate windows keys and whatnot. They're pretty slick in that they have a keyboard cover that turns into a multi-position stand for the tablet. Amazon.com: Logitech Tablet Keyboard for Windows 8, Windows RT and Android3.0+: Computers & Accessories

Since I already had that keyboard at work I decided to order the Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810 and give that a try. Amazon.com: Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810 for PCs, Tablets, Smartphones - Black: Computers & Accessories I'm looking forward to the fact that it's illuminated and also that you can use it with 3 different devices and switch between them with a simple button press. What I don't like is the lack of a cover or stand so I went looking for options along those lines...

For the cover I found the WaterField Designs Keyboard Slip Case. SFBags - WaterField Designs - Keyboard Slip - Keyboard Case - Apple Wireless Keyboard - TSA Checkpoint Friendly Once again, I'll report back on it one I have it in hand.

Still looking for a compact / fold up stand. Suggestions?
    12-15-2013 02:14 AM
    Anyone seen or used the folio case from Dell. I'd love to hear a review of it....
    12-15-2013 07:29 PM
    I have it. it works ok i guess, but i hate the material, it is a fingerprint magnet. also way thge case is made it makes the tablet feel bigger than it really is. I also have the stylus and i wish the look woold haven lower on the case so it wouldnt feel so lopsided
    12-15-2013 08:08 PM
    I have it. it works ok i guess, but i hate the material, it is a fingerprint magnet. also way thge case is made it makes the tablet feel bigger than it really is. I also have the stylus and i wish the look woold haven lower on the case so it wouldnt feel so lopsided
    Could you please post some pics (8-10 lol) if possible? Especially with and without the keyboard, it would really become a deciding factor for some of us (or till Daniel gets his review unit :P)
    12-15-2013 08:14 PM
    is it just me or are these Bluetooth keyboards extremely overpriced?
    I can get a very decent gaming keyboard for $50-75!
    12-15-2013 09:56 PM
    some pictures of the dell case:
    wp_20131215_001.jpg
    wp_20131215_002.jpg
    wp_20131215_003.jpg
    wp_20131215_005.jpg
    Taken with Nokia Lumia 920
    11B1P and xandros9 like this.
    12-15-2013 10:05 PM
    Looks like IVSO's on it with the case and keyboard. No real photos of the product though. Unfortunately, it may come out around the same time as Dell's: in January.

Amazon.com: IVSO KeyBook Bluetooth Keyboard Case for DELL Venue 8 Pro (Windows 8.1) Tablet - will only fit DELL Venue 8 Pro (Windows 8.1) Tablet with Removable Keyboard: Electronics
    12-17-2013 12:11 PM
    Rokform makes my favorite iphone case with a very strong magnet on the back. Problem is,for a long time they only made cases for Apple, now they are starting to make cases for Samsung. They probably will never make one for Dell. i was hoping the one for my ipad mini would fit, but it is too small.
    12-18-2013 10:07 AM
    12-21-2013 11:05 PM
    Someone on the tabletpcreview forums has received the Dell case + keyboard for the V8P...initial impressions not great...

Dell Wireless Tablet Keyboard - Anyone receive yet and if so first impressions? - Page 2
    12-29-2013 08:17 PM
    Maybe I'll wait for IVSO's and hope that it doesn't look like this one. I know the keyboard will probably be identical...
    12-29-2013 08:25 PM
    I hope some one makes a case like this for the DV8P

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009WSCW4S...pUvbUpU2279496
    MA83 likes this.
    12-30-2013 04:04 PM
96 1234