Dell Venue 8 Pro accessory thread

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
just received my moko case and i'm impressed so far. i'm a little worried about the plastic clips because if they snap, then it's useless. had issues with the tablet fitting crookedly at first but was able to fix that.

I was worried about the the plastic clips damaging the sides of the tablet until I realigned them differently, the clips were before blocking the charging port and causing accidental Windows key presses. Now after realigning them, there are no issues, the tablet clings pretty firmly.

WP_20140103_20_49_43_Pro.jpg

WP_20140103_20_49_16_Pro.jpg

Chris Lapaz

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I was worried about the the plastic clips damaging the sides of the tablet until I realigned them differently, the clips were before blocking the charging port and causing accidental Windows key presses. Now after realigning them, there are no issues, the tablet clings pretty firmly.

i didn't even realize they were blocking the charging port. good call on the realignment, i just did the same thing. and it doesn't feel as tight so hopefully it will keep the plastic clips from snapping. thanks!

Chris Lapaz

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
got my official dell keyboard today. i really like the way it looks but not sure yet if i'm gonna keep it over the moko case/keyboard. it's also pretty heavy, but probably because it is well built. i also feel like the keys are not raise enough so you have to apply much more pressure when typing. honestly, if i end up keeping it, it will mostly be for the looks. but with the cost, not sure if looks alone is enough to convince me to keep it.

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Moko type case(same case different name) now I've besides to return the Dell ( think) just not sure about the heat issue and the mis taps issues. Going to compare it to the Sony tap 11( I have the tap 20 and love it). Now what to do with he cases I bought? Ebay here I come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

smithtoo

Feb 4, 2008
Visit site
I picked up the aceabove case from amazon
Amazon.com : AceAbove SlimBook PU Leather Folio Stand Case for Dell Venue 8 Pro 32 GB 64 GB Tablet (Windows 8.1) Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From AceAbove) : Computers & Accessories

It is constructed just like Dell's Folio, but out of PU leather instead of plastic. it feels a lot better in the hands than the dell case and still provides a stylus loop. it also has a place for credit cards, i will probably stick a few business cards in the slot for GP. I like that it is using a plastic shell to hold the case in stead of straps or an enclosure that blocks the bezel. the PU leather also has a good grain on it so it ALMOST looks like real leather

Ted#WP

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
I just bought this from ebay. It's going to take 2 weeks to get here from China but I think it's worth the wait. I have one similar to this for my old Nexus 7. I like it cause it's very easy to slide the tablet out of it. I for one like to hold my DV8P naked. It's only when I want to watch a movie or browsing laying down in my bed I always wish I could have a stand for it. In that situation with a similar case I usually put my N7 on my chest. Now that I own DV8P and love it, it's time to retire the N7 and get this case. Can't wait.

http://i41.tinypic.com/jig7rm.jpg

Finally arrived yesterday. :)

Report and pics to follow.

Ted#WP

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
Finally arrived yesterday. :)

Report and pics to follow.

Okay, as promised, here are some pictures of the absolute beauty. This case exhibits high quality materials and workmanship. The man-made leather reminds me of leatherette seat material on a BMW, unlike the plastic material used in a Ford or Chevy. :wink: I took these pics with a dslr but unfortunately I had to shrink them to size appropriate for this forum.

As you can see, the access to the buttons and headphone jack is unobstructed. The camera opening is dead center.

One thing that I'm particularly after is that this case lets me slide the DV8P in and out easily without popping it out of a plastic bracket or leather pocket like in other cases, yet it holds the tablet securely. I can use my tablet naked when I want to, which is what I've been doing, fully appreciating the DV8P's look and feel. I'm totally happy with how it works. Totally worth the long wait imo.

In case anyone is interested, the ebay seller is 'luckygirl520'.

smDSC08861.jpgsmDSC08888.jpgsmDSC08868.jpgsmDSC08880.jpgsmDSC08873.jpgsmDSC08884.jpgsmDSC08882.jpgsmDSC08883.jpgsmDSC08871.jpgsmDSC08886.jpg

Last edited:

smithtoo

Feb 4, 2008
Visit site
its weird that you took no pics with the display on, but awesome. I have the same case for my nexus 7. hopefully we will get some options on color and material eventually. moko makes the nexus 7 case in 12 colors and 2 colors in real leather

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Okay, as promised, here are some pictures of the absolute beauty. This case exhibits high quality materials and workmanship. The man-made leather reminds me of leatherette seat material on a BMW, unlike the plastic material used in a Ford or Chevy. :wink: I took these pics with a dslr but unfortunately I had to shrink them to size appropriate for this forum.

As you can see, the access to the buttons and headphone jack is unobstructed. The camera opening is dead center.

One thing that I'm particularly after is that this case lets me slide the DV8P in and out easily without popping it out of a plastic bracket or leather pocket like in other cases, yet it holds the tablet securely. I can use my tablet naked when I want to, which is what I've been doing, fully appreciating the DV8P's look and feel. I'm totally happy with how it works. Totally worth the long wait imo.

In case anyone is interested, the ebay seller is 'luckygirl520'.

I've not had any luck finding that case, and I've been waiting for it for a long time. Can you give a link or something? I picked up the official Dell keyboard/folio case combo and I'm pretty disappointed with how bulky/unwieldy it is.

Ted#WP

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
I've not had any luck finding that case, and I've been waiting for it for a long time. Can you give a link or something? I picked up the official Dell keyboard/folio case combo and I'm pretty disappointed with how bulky/unwieldy it is.

The link to the item I bought took me to this active one. I'm sure the link will only be active until the unit(s) are sold.

For Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet Heat Setting Ultra PU Handle Leather Case Cover New | eBay

I see that it's cheaper now. Keep in mind that it's Chinese New Year over there and most businesses typically shut down for a couple of weeks.

GL.

epicalz

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
The link to the item I bought took me to this active one. I'm sure the link will only be active until the unit(s) are sold.

For Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet Heat Setting Ultra PU Handle Leather Case Cover New | eBay

I see that it's cheaper now. Keep in mind that it's Chinese New Year over there and most businesses typically shut down for a couple of weeks.

GL.

Hello. I found the same looking case on Amazon. Just ordered it, I had one for my Nexus 7 and loved it, except this doesn't have the elastic band the Nexus 7 case had.

Amazon.com: Exact Buckler Series Slim-Fit Multi-angle Stand Case for Dell Venus 8 Pro Black: Electronics

Ted#WP

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
Hello. I found the same looking case on Amazon. Just ordered it, I had one for my Nexus 7 and loved it, except this doesn't have the elastic band the Nexus 7 case had.

Amazon.com: Exact Buckler Series Slim-Fit Multi-angle Stand Case for Dell Venus 8 Pro Black: Electronics

That's awesome! It's about time Amazon carries it for our device. It looks exactly like what I have, except the pen loop is in a slightly different location. Thanks for posting it. It's a great contribution. And no more long wait.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Just received the IVSO KeyBook Bluetooth Keyboard Case I ordered from Amazon. Will post pictures later if anyone wants it.

Pics and first impressions would be great. Mine (ordered thru Gambolex US via Amazon) is stuck 'in transit: on schedule'
Said it was shipped on 1/10/14 w/expected delivery 2/5/14 - 2/21/14 ....w/last date of 2/21/14 mentioned as 'by' delivery date.
Did you order from Gambled and did you never get a US tracking # ?
Glad to see someone got their keyboard case at least.