Dell Venue 8 Pro accessory thread

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
As the DV8P is now slowly trickling out and we have a very good review/Q&A thread from mase123987 lets use this thread to list accessories for the new Windows tablet Wunderkind :). For cases if you aren't too keen of paying Dell $40 here is a search I did on Amazon for 8" tablet cases. There are quite a few nice looking ones listed so it should be easy to find one that takes your fancy.

Amazon.com: 8" tablet case

In particular Amazon.com: NEXTBOOK PU Leather Case Cover with Build in Stand for 8 inch Tablet PC (Black): Computers & Accessories

For a screen protector Amazon.com: iLLumiShield - Dell Venue 8 Pro Crystal Clear Screen Protectors with Anti-Bubble/Anti-Fingerprint - 2-Pack + Lifetime Replacements: Computers & Accessories. The brand has good reviews across its other products so it should be decent at least.

For keyboards, there is a wide variety on Amazon or online in general but I personally will be using the keyboard for the Asus Vivotab Smart: Amazon.com: ASUS Keyboard Touchpad and Cover for VivoTab Smart ME400 Series: Computers & Accessories. Expensive and a bit larger than the tablet itself but it saves having to carry a separate mouse and the larger size makes for a better typing experience.

Please add links to any other accessories you come across for the DV8P.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I expect that they will be minimal. Dell has done a HORRIBLE job at advertising to the public. The CSR that I talked to on their website couldn't tell me when or where the device will be sold.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Same thing would apply to tablets like the Vivotab Smart and Acer W510 but there are plenty of accessories on Amazon. Generic 8" cases will work fine for the Dell and when its officially available on Amazon we could see more stuff coming through. You'd be surprised how many there are for the DVP phone, and that was even more of a red-headed stepchild. I think we will see enough in the near future

Bo

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

I got the same case and must say I like it. If the bezel area wasn't so thin on the tablet when holding it in portrait mode it wouldn't make it so hard for me to swipe from the sides. I kinda wish they could have made it similar to the Moku case I have for my SP1.

Bo

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I got the same case and must say I like it. If the bezel area wasn't so thin on the tablet when holding it in portrait mode it wouldn't make it so hard for me to swipe from the sides. I kinda wish they could have made it similar to the Moku case I have for my SP1.

I say kinda because this case feels much better, almost like real leather.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I hope it doesn't cost an arm and leg when it launches here in the US, looking at the current exchange rate, it comes out to ~USD 98

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I hope it doesn't cost an arm and leg when it launches here in the US, looking at the current exchange rate, it comes out to ~USD 98
Maybe (hopefully) less than $60? Looks like Japan's 64GB Dell Venue 8 Pro is almost $50 more than America's, so the US price is a bit hard to gauge.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
What would be the advantage of the Poetic case instead of the Dell? Aside from the cost that is. Is the poetic one thinner or lighter than the Dell version? Does the Poetic have a place to store the stylus like the Dell does?

Thanks in advance

Bo

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
What would be the advantage of the Poetic case instead of the Dell? Aside from the cost that is. Is the poetic one thinner or lighter than the Dell version? Does the Poetic have a place to store the stylus like the Dell does?

Thanks in advance

im not sure how thin the dell case is but the poetic case looks kinda professional and feels really good in the hand to me because of the faux leather. It does have a elastic strap on the back of the case to hold a pen as well as CC slots and two slots for additional SD cards on the inside of the case, but they are exposed when you have to flip the cover back to use as a stand. It also has a strap across the back that allows you to hold the tablet better in one hand.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
im not sure how thin the dell case is but the poetic case looks kinda professional and feels really good in the hand to me because of the faux leather. It does have a elastic strap on the back of the case to hold a pen as well as CC slots and two slots for additional SD cards on the inside of the case, but they are exposed when you have to flip the cover back to use as a stand. It also has a strap across the back that allows you to hold the tablet better in one hand.

I found the Dell case at the MS store in Toronto. It is actually more similar to the ultra thin flip cover that Poetic makes for the Nexus 7 and other devices and the one that Samsung also makes. It is really, really thin. I just wish the outside texture was a bit more like the Poetic. The DV8P just snaps into it.

Bo

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I found the Dell case at the MS store in Toronto. It is actually more similar to the ultra thin flip cover that Poetic makes for the Nexus 7 and other devices and the one that Samsung also makes. It is really, really thin. I just wish the outside texture was a bit more like the Poetic. The DV8P just snaps into it.

does it have a pen holder?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3