Touch sensitivity issues

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Have you installed the latest BIOS update and the new touch screen drivers? I've got everything up to date and find the touch experience is flawless on my device, so I wonder if you should contact Dell and arrange for a replacement?
Jay
If you have the Jan 2 touchscreen update do you have the black screen issue?
Do a restart and login in portrait mode.
The screen typically will go black.
Just wanted to know.
Thanks

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I have it installed and I do very occasionally see the black screen issue (happens maybe once every 10 times?). Still it's very easy to fix as you just tap the power button once, then a second time and the screen will be on no problem

Dezires

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
was wondering if anyone found a fix for this really annoying problem yet.
just in case is this is what every is experiencing in their dell venue :
?
this really makes me want to regarding the dell especially with the announcement of the ASUS vivotab note...

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Just got done with a phone conversation with them. Rep had me see if I had downloaded the urgent 2 Jan firmware update first, which I had. Then put me on hold for a few minutes. Then she turned on Sticky Keys to solve my keyboard problem (That makes no sense to me). Then she uninstalled kb 2883200 kb 2895219, and we restarted.

Now my wifi adapter won't work, and we've been troubleshooting that for the past 30 minutes...will post another update if anything else happens.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hardware Start button has stopped working now, it produces a faint click out of the speakers and does nothing when I hit it. Rep wants me to do a soft reset (no data loss), but Windows 8.1 wants 8 GB of free space, which is about how much was available when I got the device (32GB tablet). I don't want to delete my data--this is the first time I've ever had a tech support attempt result in the issue being worse than before. Freakin crazy.

Dezires

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hardware Start button has stopped working now, it produces a faint click out of the speakers and does nothing when I hit it. Rep wants me to do a soft reset (no data loss), but Windows 8.1 wants 8 GB of free space, which is about how much was available when I got the device (32GB tablet). I don't want to delete my data--this is the first time I've ever had a tech support attempt result in the issue being worse than before. Freakin crazy.

I did the same with it. Just turn off the sticky key and it will go back to normal working start button.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, realized that after the fact. Did a factory reset of the device and everything works again, but still have the touch screen issues. Dell's sending me a box to have it repaired. I'm not optimistic that it'll come back with a working screen.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Got my V8P back last week and noticed it's still having the touch issues. I think it may be the Poetic case + Active Stylus, though. I'm still investigating/testing, but based on my first few tries, when I take the pen out of the elastic sleeve on the back of the case, the tablet screen works much more reliably. When I place it back, the screen starts getting less responsive and misreading scrolls as taps. Really weird, will do more research.

Ted#WP

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
Got my V8P back last week and noticed it's still having the touch issues. I think it may be the Poetic case + Active Stylus, though. I'm still investigating/testing, but based on my first few tries, when I take the pen out of the elastic sleeve on the back of the case, the tablet screen works much more reliably. When I place it back, the screen starts getting less responsive and misreading scrolls as taps. Really weird, will do more research.

The proximity of the pen to the screen caused the palm rejection to kick in interfering with your finger touches.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

phatboy29m

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I notice that I only get the touch screen issues when using the generic capacitive stylus that came with the case I ordered from Amazon. When I use my fingers, It doesn't happen.

Dezires

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
sorry for bringing a old post back but I am wondering if anyone elsee getting this problem with all the update they dish out recently?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
sorry for bringing a old post back but I am wondering if anyone elsee getting this problem with all the update they dish out recently?

I still get it every so often, its still a minor annoyance and not as bad now -- I got the device repaired under warranty because of an unrelated calibration issue. This issue isn't nearly as bad when typing, but I can't really say if its due to the different touch digitizer or the updates. Likely the former.

Dezires

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I still get it every so often, its still a minor annoyance and not as bad now -- I got the device repaired under warranty because of an unrelated calibration issue. This issue isn't nearly as bad when typing, but I can't really say if its due to the different touch digitizer or the updates. Likely the former.
Good to hears it getting better. But I wonder if majority of the people is getting the same problem or it just a few of us. I'm going to try send it in again for RMA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss