how to change default text size?

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't figure out how to change the default text size. Its sooooo tiny! This screen is like 3 times bigger than my phone yet its easier to read everything on my phone. Text is downright microscopic on this.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
in the phone go to... settings > ease of access > text size

then you can change the slider until the text in the box is a nice size for you :)

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh, sorry haha. Go to settings > change PC settings > display, then there should be an option at the bottom to change size but it might be greyed out, if it is greyed out then press the search button and type 'text size' then choose 'make text and other items smaller or larger' and then you have choices to choose from :)

Hope this helps.

njb42

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Those options are disabled as well. There's a note at the bottom: "Can't change the size of items on this display." Google brings up no suggestions.

njb42

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Aha! I cracked the code.

Open the charms and search for "text size", then select "make text and other items smaller or larger" as suggested above. You'll notice all the options are greyed out. Now check the box that says "let me choose one scaling level for all my displays" and click Apply, then change the scaling level and click Apply again. You'll have to log out for the change to take effect.

Ahh. Much better!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster