Dell Venue Pro 8 - $99 Doorbuster, $199 Online December 9th

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Short Hispanic female. She was there, she entered in a gift card raffle and all. Although she could have lied about what place in line. Either way she didn't get there in time.

Well, whatever happened. She wasn't at my house. Really.

I didn't have my brother get the gift card raffle. Really.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Was able to get it for $199

Sent from my temporary device using Tapatalk

Attachments

• WP_20131209_003.jpg
    WP_20131209_003.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 107
Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Sharing an update I put on the news post...

Back in stock at the Austin store for $199 and the $25 app card. While I have a Surface 2, I can give this a shot, may convert the wife from her Surface to the Venue or just return it. In any case, $25 in apps...

Last edited:

jholso

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I got mine in the Salem NH store. Had to sneak through a employee entrance to the mall since all the normal doors were locked. Good thing I did, there was already a line.

They gave out all 20tickets before 7:30am and all 20 at $199 were all claimed by 9:05 (Store opened at 9am)

Mikey Cooper

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Short Hispanic female. She was there, she entered in a gift card raffle and all. Although she could have lied about what place in line. Either way she didn't get there in time.

If she was commiserating with some older guy before he threw in the towel and left the line to go to work, I need to learn to count better because she was like 8 or so in front of me.

doomtuba

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I was at the Scottsdale location. Apparently there were people already lined up at the mall waiting for the doors to open at 6. I was able to get a $199 by getting there an hour early. I'd say there were about 50 or so people who got the $199 deal. They had a ton in stock.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The second shipment at the Austin store looked to be about thirty. It was nice of them to let that second batch go for $199; technically, the initial stock was sold out. Nice to hear they actually had quite a bit of stock at the stores.

Does anyone else feel that the internet sale was just because of the deal whiners on the intarwebs?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The second shipment at the Austin store looked to be about thirty. It was nice of them to let that second batch go for $199; technically, the initial stock was sold out. Nice to hear they actually had quite a bit of stock at the stores.

Does anyone else feel that the internet sale was just because of the deal whiners on the intarwebs?

Not sure what you mean about the internet sale being because of deal whiners.

The internet sale was always scheduled, just like the store sale was.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what you mean about the internet sale being because of deal whiners.

The internet sale was always scheduled, just like the store sale was.
Maybe I am messing up the timeline, but the original "leak" was a store doorbuster. Then we learned it was online also. And then we learned it was $99 for the first 100.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I am messing up the timeline, but the original "leak" was a store doorbuster. Then we learned it was online also. And then we learned it was $99 for the first 100.

The PCMag article stating all of those things already had the info about the online stuff a few days back.

I think MS understood that not everyone had access to a physical store, so to get people hyped about the deal they made sure to make an online option. It wasn't anything about whining. It's about creating buzz and selling product. MS could sell far more units online than they can in their physical stores.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I tried to grab one online.... tried was the key word lol. I ended up giving up after a few min. and getting one from Microcenter at 239.00 still a good deal :) I have to wait until Christmas to open it though lol it was a deal I made with my wife.

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
You guys should have tried price matching at Walmart.

I was 21st in line at my MS store so I went back home and tried to go back to sleep. Couldn't sleep so I went online and saw that some people were having some success with PM'ing at WM.

I went to 3 stores until I found one with stock, showed them a printout of the Microsoft.com page showing $99 and a couple printed receipts I found online of people who were already successful in price matching.

Was able to get 2 for $99 each :)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Dishonest even if you explain it's a promotion at another store that you're trying to price match?

Maybe if you explain that the promotion was already over and lasted maybe about 1 minute.

Because in all honesty, the promotion no longer existed by the time you'd try to price match.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Maybe if you explain that the promotion was already over and lasted maybe about 1 minute.

Because in all honesty, the promotion no longer existed by the time you'd try to price match.

I get where you're coming from. But if you don't go to the Microsoft store, and instead go to Walmart, you can't be expected to know that.

Does Walmart do price matching on other stores promotional sales and prices? If so, they should be able to match the second part of these Microsoft deals. Meaning the $199 price point on the day of the DV8P sale.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb