Dell V8P Keyboard Case - $100

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It does come with a case at least, and the case is $40 by itself. But that is a lot of money for the keyboard and a folio case.

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
If I am seeing this right, this is a separate stand alone keyboard with a cover for the keyboard that converts into a tablet stand. It is not what I imagined when I read the title.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The price doesn't seem too bad. Most bluetooth keyboards are decently expensive. And this has a case too.

It's just that the DVP8 is just so cheap that this looks expensive by comparison.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
If I am seeing this right, this is a separate stand alone keyboard with a cover for the keyboard that converts into a tablet stand. It is not what I imagined when I read the title.
Well, the description implies that the keyboard can attach to the case. The Amazon Japan product page has more images, but it's hard to see how the magic works. It apparently uses magnets. It was on Amazon Japan first and I had hoped that the Japanese price didn't reflect North America's...

Here's a video. Can't see the back still. Images make it seem like the thing (pen holder, I guess?) that the front cover folds back into protrudes from the back...

Dell Venue 8 Proの?‚??‚??ƒ??ƒ‰?ƒ??‚??ƒƒ?‚?[folio stability check] - YouTube

Last edited:

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I would guess the pen holder might be an optional attachment by the one picture where they show the keyboard and case attached together.

The special part about it was the keyboard IS the front of the case and attached via magnets.

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, the description implies that the keyboard can attach to the case. The Amazon Japan product page has more images, but it's hard to see how the magic works. It apparently uses magnets. It was on Amazon Japan first and I had hoped that the Japanese price didn't reflect North America's...

Here's a video. Can't see the back still. Images make it seem like the thing (pen holder, I guess?) that the front cover folds back into protrudes from the back...

I understand now. Thanks!

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So I went ahead and ordered one since my original folio order was delayed another 2 weeks and the order page said the shipping time for the keyboard/case was "3-5 business days" instead of "3-5 weeks." However now the email I received from Dell says the expected delivery date is "Monday, December 30, 2013" , what gives? 5 business days is the 19th and I paid for 2-day shipping...

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Got this today works well and looks good. 33.00 on ebay and fast shipping. I don't like the way it clips in but a screen protector should solve that problem. Item: Aerb Universal Bluetooth Keyboard Leather Case For 7-8" Or 9-10" Inch Tablet
aterure3.jpg
emymaguq.jpg
ara5e7as.jpg
abe8y9ud.jpg

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Item: Aerb Universal Bluetooth Keyboard Leather Case For 7-8" Or 9-10" Inch Tablet
Here a link. Took me a couple times to get it paired but seems all good now.
Guess I can't post links.. Sorry

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Could you update us on how you like this case/keyboard once you have used it more. My wife loves her DVP but insist on having a keyboard. This looks like a viable option as long as it works smoothly.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Item: Aerb Universal Bluetooth Keyboard Leather Case For 7-8" Or 9-10" Inch Tablet
Here a link. Took me a couple times to get it paired but seems all good now.
Guess I can't post links.. Sorry
Dear goodness. I hope the other ones that have this style don't have tablet holders like that...

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So some people have received the Dell BT keyboard case. The keyboard attaches to the front flap via magnets but the front flap is loose. So if you hold it upside down it swings open. The keyboard is apparently of decent quality at least.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Care to elaborate?
If you look on Amazon for tablet keyboard cases, you'll find several of them share the same style (the keyboards are pretty identical), but have different brand names. I'm pretty sure they mostly come from the same place. From the looks of the images provided, the Dell tablet will be held in by plastic clips. That doesn't look stable or good for the tablet. So I'm hoping that IVSO's doesn't use a similar method to hold the tablet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99