Dell V8P Keyboard Case - $100

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
So I'm hoping that IVSO's doesn't use a similar method to hold the tablet.

Funny you should mention IVSO as I just recently acquired their folio case and I really, really like it and the way it protects the device without being so thick. In fact, it barely adds any thickness at all to be honest. I was hesitant at first, but I tried the Poetic case that's been mentioned on here and it was way too thick for my tastes and the mechanism for a stand, was simply a cutout tab on the back the front edge of the front cover would slip into and not stable at all. The IVSO, reminds me of a smart cover for an iDevice with also protection for the rear.

Here's the case I'm talking about that I really like: Amazon.com: IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case for Dell Venue 8 Pro (Windows 8.1) Tablet, Only fit DELL Venue 8 Pro windows 8.1 tablet (Black): Computers & Accessories

It's not a smart case as stated however, as the screen doesn't automatically come on when you open it up.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I was talking about the keyboard case. For example, IVSO's keyboard case and Slim Smart Cover Case for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 are totally different designs. If I decide that I don't really need a keyboard to carry along, I'll probably get a slim case from IVSO. And then maybe shell out for the Logitech K810 sometime down the road if I want to carry around a Bluetooth keyboard with me. I do have two wireless USB keyboards, but they're quite long to be portable. I use them if necessary, but then I lose access to the micro USB slot, should I need it for anything else.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
If you look on Amazon for tablet keyboard cases, you'll find several of them share the same style (the keyboards are pretty identical), but have different brand names. I'm pretty sure they mostly come from the same place. From the looks of the images provided, the Dell tablet will be held in by plastic clips. That doesn't look stable or good for the tablet. So I'm hoping that IVSO's doesn't use a similar method to hold the tablet.

If its anything like there keyboardless case it will be pretty slick.

Funny you should mention IVSO as I just recently acquired their folio case and I really, really like it and the way it protects the device without being so thick. In fact, it barely adds any thickness at all to be honest. I was hesitant at first, but I tried the Poetic case that's been mentioned on here and it was way too thick for my tastes and the mechanism for a stand, was simply a cutout tab on the back the front edge of the front cover would slip into and not stable at all. The IVSO, reminds me of a smart cover for an iDevice with also protection for the rear.

Here's the case I'm talking about that I really like: Amazon.com: IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case for Dell Venue 8 Pro (Windows 8.1) Tablet, Only fit DELL Venue 8 Pro windows 8.1 tablet (Black): Computers & Accessories

It's not a smart case as stated however, as the screen doesn't automatically come on when you open it up.

I received my ivso case last night. It is REALLY nice. There is a magnet in the cover somewhere so when you use it as a stand, the cover Is held folded in place. It is also very stable while in the stand position as well. Great case!

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I cancelled my order for the Dell BT keyboard/case. The reviews I've seen weren't very good and it has some odd key placement like the " being in a weird spot and activated via a function key.

I bought the IVSO case to use as a folio case and then bought a MS Wedge keyboard to use as a portable keyboard.

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I cancelled my order for the Dell BT keyboard/case. The reviews I've seen weren't very good and it has some odd key placement like the " being in a weird spot and activated via a function key.

I bought the IVSO case to use as a folio case and then bought a MS Wedge keyboard to use as a portable keyboard.

I am using this combo now and I love it.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Item: Aerb Universal Bluetooth Keyboard Leather Case For 7-8" Or 9-10" Inch Tablet
Here a link. Took me a couple times to get it paired but seems all good now.
Guess I can't post links.. Sorry
Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

Could you please mention hows the case working for you? I am planning on ordering it tonight so I can get it early next week.

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Could you please mention hows the case working for you? I am planning on ordering it tonight so I can get it early next week.

Its all good. Works very well no problem at all. The case itself is made to hold the keyboard but you can remove the keyboard but the cass thens a little big for the tablet.. The tablet is held in place by clips that clip on to the screen so I got a screen protector. It works great and its about the size of a day planner or a good paperback novel. Im very happy. Ill get a better fitting case to use when not needing the keyboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am using this combo now and I love it.

Yeah I received both from Amazon today. I wish the wedge keyboard was a little thinner and was rechargeable, but other than those minor quirks it works great. What do you use for a mouse? I bought the Logitech T620 slim touch mouse, I like it but I wish I could tap it to click instead of having to actually click...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Its all good. Works very well no problem at all. The case itself is made to hold the keyboard but you can remove the keyboard but the cass thens a little big for the tablet.. The tablet is held in place by clips that clip on to the screen so I got a screen protector. It works great and its about the size of a day planner or a good paperback novel. Im very happy. Ill get a better fitting case to use when not needing the keyboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks! I ended up ordering it today and would be receiving it tomorrow (depending on the weather here in Columbus, OH).

Chris Lapaz

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
posted this on the accessory thread as well...

got my official dell keyboard today. i really like the way it looks but not sure yet if i'm gonna keep it over the moko case/keyboard. it's also pretty heavy, but probably because it is well built. i also feel like the keys are not raise enough so you have to apply much more pressure when typing. honestly, if i end up keeping it, it will mostly be for the looks. but with the cost, not sure if looks alone is enough to convince me to keep it.

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I received both from Amazon today. I wish the wedge keyboard was a little thinner and was rechargeable, but other than those minor quirks it works great. What do you use for a mouse? I bought the Logitech T620 slim touch mouse, I like it but I wish I could tap it to click instead of having to actually click...

Been using the wedge mouse and it is okay, but not very comfortable for more than light use. I will probably look into finding a good Bluetooth trackpad that supports windows 8 gestures as I am finding mouse navigation in windows 8 a little cumbersome in general.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99