Now that the dust has settled

afikaris09

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
This is for those of us not lucky enough to take part in the doorbuster deals from today.

Do you think this will be discounted again, it is currently 269 at Amazon for prime members. Will the price ever go to 199 before christmas?

Where is the best place to get this? Best perks(gift card, accessories, etc)

And finally, once I do get it, is the pen a must have addon to go with it?

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
It may be discounted again, it is difficult to predict. Take Kindle Fires for example. They had a significant sale on the HDX on Cyber Week (179 from 229) which was at the time the biggest sale on that device, and today they had a family-wide discount on Kindle's bringing the HDX to 184. 269 seems like a good price for me, but if there is no hurry I see no risk in waiting.

I heard that Costco has a good deal that comes with accessories in a bundle.

From what I have read (and having played with one briefly) I don't think the pen is a must-have addition. Three reasons: On a tablet that small, you may not be doing the same level of drawing and annotating as on a full size tablet. Second, it has no place to store the pen, making losing it easier. Third, there have been driver issues regarding the sensitivity and accuracy of pen input.

afikaris09

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I will have to go check my Costco for that bundle, might be expired. Online has it with a 25 dollar gift card for 280.Gonna wait a little bit to see if anything better comes up but I can't wait to get my hands on one of these. The Bail Trail processors look very promising for the future.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it will although not for $99 LOL That was an insane price I would venture a guess that the cost of manufacturing was close to if not more than that amount. In any event, I bet you'll see some stores selling it for around $200-$230. That seems to be the sweet spot that a lot retailers were selling it for on Black Friday and the following days. Keep checking Walmart as they are always having promotions with gift cards.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I was fortunate to get one at 99 bucks, an insane deal. After using it for a few days, I'd say it's well worth the full retail value. It's an amazing device!

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
After having this device for a week or two, i decided to bring it back. Still a nice tablet but not for me at it's current price and not quite being ready-for-prime-time. Check some of the microcenter locations and see the large number of open box DV8P's that are available, and that's b4 Christmas.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
After having this device for a week or two, i decided to bring it back. Still a nice tablet but not for me at it's current price and not quite being ready-for-prime-time. Check some of the microcenter locations and see the large number of open box DV8P's that are available, and that's b4 Christmas.

I would appreciate a little more detail on what you think isn't ready for prime time.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Stylus, storage, screen sensitivity, charge port, updates that may fix issues or not, maybe trying to put too much into one device rather than making sure it was done properly.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Stylus, storage, screen sensitivity, charge port, updates that may fix issues or not, maybe trying to put too much into one device rather than making sure it was done properly.

I don't have issues with any of those. Those are personal preference rather than bugs with a system. I occasionally get a double letter when typing, but that's it.

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Us brits have to pay full price, the equiv of $408 for the 32gb model. You guys buying it at $99 or even $199 wow, i'm jealous :(

Like everything though, the US gets INCREDIBLE deals and we all get shafted :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium