Keep the 64GB w/ case or save $70?

atlgator

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
So I wonder - tried getting the $99 deal but line was 50+ deep when I arrived, but did score a $199 tablet somehow during that wacky Monday.

I also took home the $299 Costco deal last week, which included 64GB SSD and the Dell Folio case.

I'll use SkyDrive for most document storage - would you save $70 and go the 32GB route, or return the $199 unit which arrives via UPS tomorrow?

I think I answered my own question as I typed this, but curious what the denizens think... thanks!

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the 32GB and wish I had spent the extra $50 on the 64GB. After using the device for a couple weeks and installing a couple large programs like Visio I'm down to about 7GB of space. This is with the 4GB recovery partition still and I have moved most of my locations to my 64GB SD drive like Skydrive, downloads folder, etc.

You can't change where metro apps get installed and there are some large apps, so space starts to run out quick. The internal SSD is also substantially faster than the SD drive (even moreso now that the latest BIOS update disabled faster SD settings) so if you want to play normal games I can't imagine them loading off the SD.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I picked up mine at microcenter for $195 out the door as an open box purchase. They couldn't find the open box so it was replaced with an unopened new device. For me i wouldn't pay more than that for this screen size and res.

rmeigs

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Having the 64gb is well worth it if you plan to do more than just consume content, IMO. I've not loaded many programs on my 64gb DV8P, but I've only got about 31gb of space left.

atlgator

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking it will be a laptop replacement for travel, so I'll stick with the folio/64 GB SSD model, I guess. If I scored the $99 model, no-brainer. But that was a BS deal, really - better chance of hitting a minor lotto prize.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs