Actiontec ScreenBeam Pro.

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Miracast function of the DVP8 is working with this device. You need to do all the updates from Microsoft and Dell as well the update for the Actiontec through the app in the Windows store. It doesn't fill the entire screen of a high def tv because it can't push out a high enough resolution but it is pretty close. It also looks and reacts very well. One quirk is that you may need to adjust the output for your tv to make it fit.

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You're missing a zero there- the lag looks like 500ms or more, which is pretty damn good still for this type of budding tech.

At what distance have you tried using it?

I'm around the 18' mark. I think the specs say up to something like 50'. As for the lag I believe most of them aim for under 100ms. From what I have read it becomes jumpy with any above that number. Still very impressive for a new technology. It's no where near the 3ms monitors we are used to but I can't wait to see how low they can go with the numbers.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm around the 18' mark. I think the specs say up to something like 50'. As for the lag I believe most of them aim for under 100ms. From what I have read it becomes jumpy with any above that number. Still very impressive for a new technology. It's no where near the 3ms monitors we are used to but I can't wait to see how low they can go with the numbers.

I'm very skeptical of 100ms. That video you showed had the monitor close enough where he could just plug it in, and you said "about this speed if not a little faster".

The lag is over 500ms in that video. A little faster is 400ms maybe. 100ms is approaching less noticeable territory, and sorry but your number estimates thus far haven't exactly filled me with the confidence that you can accurately judge delays :)

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm very skeptical of 100ms. That video you showed had the monitor close enough where he could just plug it in, and you said "about this speed if not a little faster".

The lag is over 500ms in that video. A little faster is 400ms maybe. 100ms is approaching less noticeable territory, and sorry but your number estimates thus far haven't exactly filled me with the confidence that you can accurately judge delays :)

I agree with you 100% on that one. If I could figure out how to load a video on here I would show you so you could let me know as well. :)

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
One thing I saw someone else do is run a stopwatch application with millisecond precision so you could see the delay just by capturing a frame.

I've been looking at some of the newer Miracast dongles, I don't really want a box, would rather have something a little more portable.

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
One thing I saw someone else do is run a stopwatch application with millisecond precision so you could see the delay just by capturing a frame.

I've been looking at some of the newer Miracast dongles, I don't really want a box, would rather have something a little more portable.

Thanks for the directions. 267ms delay when next to the tv.

Attachments

• Delay ms. screenshot.png
    Delay ms. screenshot.png
    866.1 KB · Views: 3

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the directions. 267ms delay when next to the tv.

Smart! I would have never thought of that lol. I find this acceptable actually, and just ordered one :).

Thanks for the info

What resolution are you running at? If you're running 1080, try 720 for me and see if the delay drops.

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Smart! I would have never thought of that lol. I find this acceptable actually, and just ordered one :).

Thanks for the info

What resolution are you running at? If you're running 1080, try 720 for me and see if the delay drops.

Going from 1280 to 1024 didn't make any difference. Same 267ms delay. I was kind of hoping it would have increased. Oh well still very usable at the highest resolution.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I got it in the mail, and it's really nice. I had a few hiccups when playing video, but I'm not sure whose fault that was. I'm glad that it actually works and works well!
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got it in the mail, and it's really nice. I had a few hiccups when playing video, but I'm not sure whose fault that was. I'm glad that it actually works and works well!
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

The only time I have had an issue is when using a Bluetooth device while playing videos. Not sure why but I just disable all devices while using it. The only other thing I noticed was trouble waking up the adapter after its in sleep. A reboot resolves it though. Otherwise I'm liking it alot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786