Dell Venue 8 Pro and Nokia Lumia 928

PappysOldStyle

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I want to transfer music and photos to/from my Dell Venue Pro 8 and my Nokia Lumia 928. Both have Micro USB ports. Anyone have a cable that actually connects both devices? I hate placing my music in the cloud because of my data plan and have that turned off in XBox Music so I would prefer to create my playlists on the Dell and transfer over to the Lumia. TIA for any help.

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I THINK it will work if you get a micro-USB → USB adapter and then use your regular USB cord for your phone :wink:

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Oddly enough, I have the same combination and love them. I transferred my music, books; etc. to Skydrive and then downloaded them to the SD card on the Dell Venue 8 Pro. If the direct cable method doesn't work, you might try this. If you don't have a Skydrive account, it's free and it gives you 7 GB of storage space for free.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I believe the USB transfer must be OTG (on the go) enabled. So your direct micro-USB charging cable will not work to PC. However an OTG enabled USB connector(USB-OTG plus micro cable connection) will work. To reduce any stress/wear-and-tear on your one-and-only port to the outside world, I suggest the right-angled connector as opposed to the straight-on version.
Micro USB OTG adapter

Here is a USB stick that has both micro and USB
Leef Bridge 32GB Dual USB Flash Drive

And here is a micro SD card reader stick
Mini Micro SD Card Reader

And tho not mentioned here, there is an adapter out there for a Ethernet-micro connection if you're in a no-WiFi scenerio or you need a secure online setup at a hotel or something.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The V8P is a USB host device so you don't need a OTG cable. However, the OTG cable makes a good converter with both ends being micro-USB.

You can plug the phone into the V8P and it will install the "Windows Phone" Metro app the first time and then you can sync Photos/Music just like any other PC. I have an HTC 8X and had no issues doing this.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
>Philxor
You are correct sir....my bad. Brain freeze here...for some reason I was thinking the op was wanting to access his DV8P to his Desktop/laptop which would be a PC to PC needing the OTG. So a misread on my part. Those connector options are handy to have tho and I've got the micro SD reader on order.

So bottom line....yeah a micro from DV8P to micro Lumia should work...just need the connecting parts. And yeah that micro-USB(female) OTG connector would work with the DV8P's included USB-micro power cable.

Thanks for catching my bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss