Dell Active Stylus M.I.A.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I was looking on Dell's site today and I can't seem to find the active stylus for the venue 8 pro anymore. The only place I saw it was if you were buying the tablet as an accessory option that you could add but when I clicked details it says page cannot be displayed. I know they had issues with the stylus and even added then removed new firmware for it. I'm wondering if they pulled the stylus all together or if they're redesigning it. The closest thing I found on the website was the dell wacom active stylus for the latitudes and I know that shouldn't work with the venue pro since it uses something other than Wacom. I emailed dell to see what they could tell me. I'll update when they respond.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm almost glad they pulled it, it was terrible. People have been ordering 2-3 of them in hopes they get one that works. It should never have been released in its original form.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Turns out that they didn't pull the firmware update to the stylus. I figured it's name would be something related to the stylus but it's actually named panel touch firmware and is the only firmware dell has marked as urgent. lol. apparently they are aware it didn't work very well since this is an urgent update.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Turns out that they didn't pull the firmware update to the stylus. I figured it's name would be something related to the stylus but it's actually named panel touch firmware and is the only firmware dell has marked as urgent. lol. apparently they are aware it didn't work very well since this is an urgent update.
That's a pretty old update that did fix a few things in the beginning.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I saw it's from 11/20. I had heard they pulled that update though. You say it fixed some things but was the performance still bad afterwards?

I'm still awaiting an answer from Dell, since I asked over the weekend I expected it would take a while.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
This is all I could get out of Dell about the stylus...

Hi,

Thank you for writing Dell US sales.

Sorry to inform you that currently stylus is not available. However it may be available very soon. Please keep checking on website.

Thanks&regards,

Manmohan.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I finally found it after searching and its out of stock . I have a friend who has one and after the update it was working well for him. He's left handed and maybe there's something to the left handed option that someone referred to in an earlier post./

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Not laughing at the coupon. More at what I thought would be an obvious shameless attempt to find out more about this coupon, but since you provided the info I was after I'll forgive the misunderstanding. Lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster