Dell Active Stylus M.I.A.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You can definitely find these at the MS Stores. I just stopped by the kiosk store here and picked up two pens and a Dell folio case. Perimeter Mall in the Atlanta area. They still had a number of pens and cases left. 10% off as well.

Was tempted to snag all the pens since they are going for above retail on eBay it seems, but I'm not that kind of person.

Chris Lapaz

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Not laughing at the coupon. More at what I thought would be an obvious shameless attempt to find out more about this coupon, but since you provided the info I was after I'll forgive the misunderstanding. Lol

i'm sorry for assuming everyone knew about the coupon since they are posted on the dell website.

as far as the stylus, i just picked up a capacitive stylus and it pretty much does what i want it to do. i don't really plan on using my tablet for taking notes and using the stylus for writing but other than that, what else would the active stylus be used for? thanks.

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Well dell just informed me that there is a halt on the stylus production. They are not sure if it will ship Feb 19 or later than that. There seems to be an issue with them sending me the ones they have. They are not good and they would have to replace it. Wow they tell me they won't send me one until they fix the problems.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I kind of thought something like this was going on. It seemed like more than an out of stock issue when it became so hard to find the listing on the website. So they were suggesting February as a time when they would start shipping again?

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Yep Feb or later if they can't get it fixed quickly. Sucks cuz I wanted it to just use for the small point and close apps, folders, things of that nature.

Rich Woods

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I spoke with them online today. They told me that it's temporarily unavailable because it's out of stock. I asked them if there was a problem with the hardware because I was thinking about getting one from EBay. They told me that there was no problem with the hardware (which I don't believe) and it will be available in the future.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
People have gotten a lot of conflicting stories. I read on another forum they were revising the pen a new version of it would be out in February sometime.

The chances of you getting a usable pen right now is probably about 1 out of 3, so I'm not sure you really want one.

Bennyboy802

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I've been talking to Dell on the phone many times, have had my stylus replaced twice, never worked. But last time I called them, they told me that they redesigned the stylus, new version, new price (at least, that's what the guy told me.) They're sending me one to test it out, should arrive in the next day or two.

crashdau

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I've been talking to Dell on the phone many times, have had my stylus replaced twice, never worked. But last time I called them, they told me that they redesigned the stylus, new version, new price (at least, that's what the guy told me.) They're sending me one to test it out, should arrive in the next day or two.

Please keep us up to date if it is a new design/revision.

TIA

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
So I got a pen delivered from eBay last night (ordered it about 9 days ago so that was a pretty good turnaround). I believe it was shipped from Hong Kong and so far it's been responding ok. I did have an issue where the pen seemed to stop working at all but I re-seated the battery and that fixed the issue. I've seen a few weird moments where it's seemed to triple-click when I accidentally hold down a button, but otherwise for inking it's been good so far.

Anyway point being, you can pick them up from eBay (?30 rather than Dell's ?38 and with free delivery) and they seem to work. Just make sure you're buying a Dell active stylus and not some poor capacitive stylus.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Well, technically a capacitive stylus would work, but I wouldn't recommend it compared to the active stylus as the Venue 8 Pro won't known that it's a stylus so won't reject your palm resting against the screen

mpholic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
So where on Ebay did you find Dell stylii for that price? I just looked and the only ones I found were over $100US.

So I got a pen delivered from eBay last night (ordered it about 9 days ago so that was a pretty good turnaround). I believe it was shipped from Hong Kong and so far it's been responding ok. I did have an issue where the pen seemed to stop working at all but I re-seated the battery and that fixed the issue. I've seen a few weird moments where it's seemed to triple-click when I accidentally hold down a button, but otherwise for inking it's been good so far.

Anyway point being, you can pick them up from eBay (?30 rather than Dell's ?38 and with free delivery) and they seem to work. Just make sure you're buying a Dell active stylus and not some poor capacitive stylus.

Bennyboy802

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
So, Dell called me the other day and informed me that the new version of the stylus that they were sending me was still in production and wasn't ready for consumer use yet. He told me it should arrive in 2-4 weeks. I'll keep you guys posted on any updates I receive.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Ordered the stylus at Christmas from Dell.ca when it was on sale.
Just got a shipping notification today. Previously it wasn't supposed to ship until an estimated Feb 17th.
Hopefully the *new* version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99