Dell Active Stylus M.I.A.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't count on it. At least one person on another forum just had one shipped to them in the last couple days, and it's the same old pen. The "new" one is not expected until late Feb or early March from what I've been reading.

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Well I am hoping as they should have totally pulled the old ones otherwise there shouldn't have been the long delay.
I don't know how to tell the old from the new right now obviously.

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
My stylus ordered over a month ago arrived today and it is indeed the old Rev 00.

I tried it right away and it was aweful. I then reluctantly installed the "Urgent" firmware update which gave me black screen issues on reboot awhile ago.
The pen worked pretty much flawless after that so far.

Also, after 3 Restarts no black screen issue after login. So far so good and not bad for $20 from Dell.ca

sunil ali

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
so i was checking dells web site for the stylus... although you cant order the stylus for home use... (showing not buy button) but if you go through small business link you can add a stylus with the purchase of new venue pro teblet. WTF dell, you wont sell home consumer the stylus but you wont mind selling it to small business... just so you dont lose more profit.. dell sucks now. there was a time when their products were better and didnt need to troubleshoot every 2 mins.

HatWobble

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, you can order it through the small business site, but they won't it ship it since, y'know, it's out of stock. I tried. So you can get off of your soapbox now.

Noftware

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I order both the DVP8 and the stylus on January 29 from Dell.ca. The tablet was shipped within a few days but the stylus is not expected to ship until March 18. With a 6+ week delay, it's likely the next revision.

I like the tablet so far and think it will be that much better with the stylus.

lee_michael_f92

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I order both the DVP8 and the stylus on January 29 from Dell.ca. The tablet was shipped within a few days but the stylus is not expected to ship until March 18. With a 6+ week delay, it's likely the next revision.

I like the tablet so far and think it will be that much better with the stylus.

Well that's lame to hear (about the stylus)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lee_michael_f92

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I'd rather them take the time to produce a working stylus than rush another junk like the current version is.

Sure... I agree but they should've gotten it right the first time around... Now they have a tablet that utilizes a stylus with out an actual stylus... People/ consumers shouldn't have to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
iPad has never supported digitizer type stylus and yet ppl/consumer never complains.

Besides, it is not using the Watcom digitizer (the only one that really matters for those do prefer stylus) because Dell wants to cut the costs in order to sell the tablet cheaper. So, it is not like the technology is already matured like Watcom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs