Dell Active Stylus M.I.A.

lee_michael_f92

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Okay so an update. I called dell and split my order for the keyboard and stylus into two now my stylus will be arriving on or before Mar 17 (hopefully) ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The stylus arrived and works fine as far as I can tell. Not sure what kind of usefulness this will be. I can use it to operate the desktop apps (which are typically too small for my fat fingers). Write in OneNote (which I don't use much). It suppose to have two buttons (or rather two ends of one button) but there is no documentation about how to use it.

As far as I can tell the top end button is eraser which works in OneNote. The bottom end is supposed to be right-click and I have yet find out where it can be used. Not much useful in Metro apps as far as I can tell.

One common complaint for rev. A00 is that the AAAA battery dies quickly when you leave the stylus next to the tablet. Not sure if that is still the case. It is hard to find AAAA replacement batteries locally.

Last edited:

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The two revisions look exactly the same. The only way you can tell which revision you received is the sticker on the back of the package of the stylus. From what I read, Dell sent out a few for beta testing in late January/early February. Other than that, no A01 revisions had been sent out until mid to late February.

Noftware

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
The two revisions look exactly the same. The only way you can tell which revision you received is the sticker on the back of the package of the stylus. From what I read, Dell sent out a few for beta testing in late January/early February. Other than that, no A01 revisions had been sent out until mid to late February.
Thanks for the details. I received my A01 last week and wondered if others are still receiving the A00.

I'm pleased with mine but I've heard mixed results with the A00. They appear to be working much better after the latest updates but I'm curious to hear what others are experiencing.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this problem where if i take the stylus off the screen for a while and then put it back again to resume writing, the pen still continue to put ink even when lifted off the screen. This problem is very annoying. This is with A01. did i get a defective?

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this problem where if i take the stylus off the screen for a while and then put it back again to resume writing, the pen still continue to put ink even when lifted off the screen. This problem is very annoying. This is with A01. did i get a defective?
Did you apply the "urgent" driver update from Jan 2014?

Noftware

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
James, I'd be happy to run some tests for you using my A01. How long are you leaving the pen off the screen and at what distance?

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
James, I'd be happy to run some tests for you using my A01. How long are you leaving the pen off the screen and at what distance?
Like if I put the pen down to do some other stuffs, such as touching the screen or just working on papers in general and then pick up the pen again and start writing, the ink doesn't stop when I lift up the pen a little. Like you know how when you write, you lift the pen a little to have a tiny space between letters, like stopping the stroke and such. My battery (I think they sent me expired battery, dated 0213 lol) ran out last night so now I'm thinking that it's because I got crap battery.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Finally getting one of these after keeping an eye on its progress. lol Crossing my fingers in the hopes that I luck out in the stylus-selection lottery :p

lee_michael_f92

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Finally getting one of these after keeping an eye on its progress. lol Crossing my fingers in the hopes that I luck out in the stylus-selection lottery :p

If I get an A00 I'll just call up dell and have it returned until I receive an A01 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else tried the old Rev00 stylus with the new Bios release on Mar 5th?
While I am waiting for a replacement I thought I would give the old one a try and it worked pretty good.
Need to keep trying as I know it can act up even when it appears to be working properly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss