Manage space in DVP8 32/64gb

KINGINI LABS

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks,

Dell Venue 8 Pro 32 GB.

Bought this few weeks back & i am really happy about it

Added another 32GB with micro sd card thinking my tablet is 64GB now. But you cannot utilize 64GB in certain terms.

You cannot move / install store apps on this sd card.
You cannot move or create a recovery partition on this.
Only thing you could do is install regular softwares on this or move your files (pictures/videos/music libraries) on it.

Could you please post if any tweaks or steps that you did in saving some space in your tablet?

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
You cannot move / install store apps on this sd card.
- I think if its the .exe programs you can do this. Just create a folder call program files in the SD card and use this everytime you install and EXE file.

For Metro/Apps I think there is a hack at xda forums. I'll check it later and post.
You cannot move or create a recovery partition on this.
- I think you can remove the recovery partition and create recovery disks...not really sure I read this somewhere.
Only thing you could do is install regular softwares on this or move your files (pictures/videos/music libraries) on it.
You can also set your libraries to make the SD card the default location. This is pretty easy to do.

booyasaka

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I tried moving apps on my sd card but it just messed up my apps and could install new apps after that. Would love to see a step by step on how to do this if its even possible.
What I did though to free up some space is move my Skydrive folder to my sd card.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The solutions for installing metro apps on the SD card don't work for Windows 8.1. I managed to change a bunch of settings and got new apps to install and run from the SD, but existing apps no longer ran correctly and I could not reinstall apps which came pre-installed.

I really wish MS would add the option since the Metro apps seem to be self contained for the most part, no reason why you shouldn't be able to put them on an external drive.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
^^ from the numerous leaks posted here on WPCentral and other sites, an update is in the works (probably 8.2) which would allow apps to be installed on the SD Card

KINGINI LABS

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I checked with the solutions mentioned by lantern.

Its only good if you want to keep your xbox video/audio on the sd card. Other than that, there is no mention about installing metro apps on sd card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo