What games to play on the Dell Venue 8 Pro?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If you want a good desktop game that you can actually play on your tablet, play Osu!

Of course, there are a lot of other desktop games, but then you'll have to set up a bluetooth mouse and keyboard, and use an external display...

There are also a lot of games at the Windows Store.

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
If you buy (or trial) gesturework's gameplay program which overlays a gamepad on your screen you can play quite a few games from steam, Im playing duck tales remastered at the moment

anu453

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to play Fifa 13 on my DVP and it crashes all the time
it doesnt even open. I will get the fifa symbol and then it crashes.
I downloaded the game from origin.
any suggestions on how to get the game runing ?
I have tried all the you tube videos regarding fifa13 crashes nothing worked.

tortex73

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Halo: Spartan Assault runs great on it, and the V8P is the perfect size for games like that. Not to mention the game itself is pretty amazing, probably the best game on the app store.

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
If you're into WoW, Hearthstone for PC supports touch interfaces and plays almost as smooth as on iPad. However if you have games on your phone you love, check the Windows Stores Account tab and see which games are Universal apps.

AoE: Castle Siege, Halo: SA, Tentacles: Enter The Mind, and Order of Chaos Online are great games to play on a DVP8. Plus all the games I've mentioned, except Halo, are free to play and download.

Source: DVP8 owner who's played every game listed in this post extensively.

sawo

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
is it possible to play on this device with some desktop games, without keyboard or mouse?
i don't know... for example some RTS using touch only? or maybe some aplication, to create a few screen buttons?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
is it possible to play on this device with some desktop games, without keyboard or mouse?
i don't know... for example some RTS using touch only? or maybe some aplication, to create a few screen buttons?

Hearthstone
I've tried Starcraft and Starcraft II, its possible, but awkward at times.
Gestureworks as mentioned is one such onscreen button solution. (I know they have a gamepad for half life 2)

but anyways, with a keyboard and mouse, this will clean house. My sister enjoys DOTA II on it. (I think)

tortex73

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

Have you played Armed? It's a pretty cool turn based strategy game.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Civilization 5. It even has a windows 8 touch mode to take full advantage of the touchscreen. I played hours and hours on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes