Anyone still getting black screen on startup?

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I've read some reports that people are getting a black screen on startup. They see the backlight on, but the screen isn't responding. Sometimes, the buttons don't even respond. Personally, this doesn't happen that often and I only ever have to press the power button once to put the device on standby, and then one more time to bring up the lock screen. This doesn't happen on my dell laptop (which used to run Windows 7 until Windows 8 came about). But perhaps this recent Windows update fixes it?

Screen turns black when it rotates from portrait orientation to landscape orientation in Windows

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I used to get it sometimes. One of the windows updates on Tuesday was supposed to fix that problem and I haven't noticed it since, although it's only been a day or so.

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I narrowed it down to the Dell touchpanel firmware update from Jan 2.
I reset and haven't installed it since and no issues.
Waiting for a newer update.

Bo

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I get it every once in a while after the tab goes to sleep and I don't touch it for a few hours or if the battery gets really low and I allow it to sit for a while without charging it up. What seems to work for me is if I hold down the windows and power buttons for about 10sec, remove my fingers from the buttons then hold down the power button for 10sec, let it go then the tab powers on like its supposed to.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I get it every once in a while after the tab goes to sleep and I don't touch it for a few hours or if the battery gets really low and I allow it to sit for a while without charging it up. What seems to work for me is if I hold down the windows and power buttons for about 10sec, remove my fingers from the buttons then hold down the power button for 10sec, let it go then the tab powers on like its supposed to.
Bo, I think you need to update your BIOS. Your issue is a bit different. The tablet used to occasionally shut down when the battery fell below 40% and was on standby. The latest BIOS update fixed that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea