So what do you guys think? I ordered one... I am basically just gunna use it as a replacement laptop for school work, emails, calendar events and web browsing. I'll keep my main rig at home to take care of downloading of movies, storing of my major music libraries and memory consuming files.

Questions I have...
    1. Will this fill my needs above?

2. Random but Am I able to play halo spartan assault on it if I wanted to?

3. Is it good for adobe Reader and Microsoft office and how we'll does it run those apps? I.e. Loading/opening speed and/or any lag issues.

*i apologize in advance if these questions were already asked somewhere before in the forums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-06-2014 01:10 AM
    1. You'd be better off buying a laptop or convertible tablet for schoolwork. It'll be great for the other things.

2. If you'd look about 4 threads down: http://forums.windowscentral.com/del...nue-8-pro.html

3. The built in PDF Reader and Office run fine from what I've seen. Mine doesn't arrive until tomorrow, so I can't tell you much more than to look up a video of performance.
    02-06-2014 09:09 AM
    The Microsoft PDF reader metro app is worthless. Either install the regular Adobe Reader (desktop app) or Adobe Reader Touch (metro app) will serve you better for better compatibility with various PDF files.

It's a PC and can run any desktop software. But the touch screen keyboard is not ideal for doing home work or any extensive typing on it.
    lee_michael_f92 likes this.
    02-06-2014 10:30 AM
    Hmm how about multi window/ using miracast for using it on a bigger screen with a bluetooth keyboard while I'm at home for school work? Good/bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-06-2014 01:43 PM
    Just like any other Windows 8 PC. You probably need a mouse to effective use multiple windows on screen.
    02-06-2014 02:13 PM
    Yeah forsure. Got a bluetooth mouse on order aswell

02-06-2014 02:15 PM
    I have not used MiraCast on the DV8P yet, but it seems like it should get you what you are looking for. A mouse is a must though if you plan on Extending your desktop. If you just plan on Duplicating, then a mouse is not as important but would still be nice to have.

Performance wise, I have been pretty impressed with this tablet so far. It seems pretty zippy, although I have not really spent any time using Office on it.
    lee_michael_f92 likes this.
    02-07-2014 11:40 AM
    I have not used MiraCast on the DV8P yet, but it seems like it should get you what you are looking for. A mouse is a must though if you plan on Extending your desktop. If you just plan on Duplicating, then a mouse is not as important but would still be nice to have.

Performance wise, I have been pretty impressed with this tablet so far. It seems pretty zippy, although I have not really spent any time using Office on it.
    Yeah I figured Id need to get a mouse and keyboard. So those are already on order. Thanks for the reply! Glad to hear the performance is good tho :)

02-07-2014 11:56 AM
    I also just ordered this tablet. About 3 hrs ago actually.

This will be my 1st Windows 8 device. I'm not a fan of it on a traditional computer but I think with the touch interface I'm gonna really like it. It looks natural to use it with touch, and it's so not built with mouse use in mind in Metro. But with full Windows 8 and Metro, I'll have the best of both worlds.
    02-12-2014 05:01 PM
    I love mine! I use it for everything! Take some getting used to but when you realize that you have a touch computer all in one hand you'll learn to adapt!

axllebeer likes this.
    02-12-2014 05:08 PM