Snappier After Feb 11 Patch Tuesday?

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
The patch that came out on Tuesday allows you to make Druid Humans as well as nerf Ragnaros so that you can defeat him.

Ok... Im sorry its just you said patch instead of update so I had too. Sorry I do no have a Venue 8

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Maybe because the patch forced you to reboot? I can't tell much differences. Almost all of the patches released yesterday are security patches. There is one optional patch that is not security related.

Ted#WP

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
Maybe because the patch forced you to reboot? I can't tell much differences. Almost all of the patches released yesterday are security patches. There is one optional patch that is not security related.

Agreed, I can't tell the difference. Probably because I had just installed AdBlock Plus on both desktop IE and Metro IE, which incredibly speeds up the browsers, prior to installing the patch. Love my DV8P.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, I can't tell the difference. Probably because I had just installed AdBlock Plus on both desktop IE and Metro IE, which incredibly speeds up the browsers, prior to installing the patch. Love my DV8P.

I thought Metro IE does not support any plugins?

Ted#WP

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
I thought Metro IE does not support any plugins?

In Metro IE, Adblock Plus' filter list is called out and set up through the Privacy setting. Adblock Plus maintains the list of the most common active ads. Metro uses it to block these active ads. It really is an Adblock Plus add-on in the classic IE/Firefox sense, MS just renames it TPL and puts it under their privacy setting, and they do away with the term add-on altogether, is all.

Go to Settings/Privacy and click AddTrackingLists. Pick one of the Adblock Plus'Tracking Protection Lists (TPLs), either EasyList or EasyPrivacy.

Big difference in speed. Try it on websites with tons of ads like XDA or ESPN. Backward and forward paging seem much improved with AdblockPlus on.

Last edited:

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
In Metro IE, Adblock Plus' filter list is called out and set up through the Privacy setting. Adblock Plus maintains the list of the most common active ads. Metro uses it to block these active ads. It really is an Adblock Plus add-on in the classic IE/Firefox sense, MS just renames it TPL and puts it under their privacy setting, and they do away with the term add-on altogether, is all.

Go to Settings/Privacy and click AddTrackingLists. Pick one of the Adblock Plus'Tracking Protection Lists (TPLs), either EasyList or EasyPrivacy.

Big difference in speed. Try it on websites with tons of ads like XDA or ESPN. Backward and forward paging seem much improved with AdblockPlus on.

Use both of the Easylists as they do different things. One blocks most tracking cookies and the other blocks ads.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon