New Stylus Design Shipping

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
For those of you aware of (and disappointed by) the widespread issues with the first design of the Dell Active Stylus for the DV8P, I just got a message from Dell Support (on Twitter) asking for my details so they can send me out the newly released replacement. I don't have an ETA yet, but will update when I do.

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Got the call yesterday as well.
I was a bit pissed when I called in the second time and they said they weren't in stock (web showed 1-2 weeks) and that I would have to keep calling back.
I complained that they should just ship it when ready instead of me hawking the web and calling and they finally relented.
Two days latter and they called me.
Should be here in a few days.

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been going back and forth with them on Twitter (direct messages) and I have to say, it's been a pleasant experience. I have read the other thread you pointed out foxbat121, but what isn't clear here is what I am receiving (Rev01 or something else entirely). Dell support has informed me that this is a new design that was in engineering hold until the beginning of this month. Again, not sure if that still refers to Rev01 or not. It seems to me that this is something brand new as it just got released to the public.

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea...once I got through to the right group they were quite pleasant and efficient.
This includes calling me twice at home regarding the new stylus and a follow up call from a manager just to see how my support experience went.

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
According to Dell Support, this replacement design was released from engineering hold at the beginning of March and couldn't ship until then. I'm not saying you're wrong foxbat121, as Dell Support could certainly be mistaken. But this certainly makes me curious as to just what I'll receive (REV A01 or REV A02, possibly?).

Noftware

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
foxbat121 is correct re: A01 date. They were manufactured in January 2014 and shipped the following month. I received mine in late February and am pleased with the results, so far. For a tablet that doesn't have a built-in digitizer, I give the A01 stylus experience a solid 7 out of 10.

Here is some printed text and a sketch (in OneNote) that I tried:

ScreenshotStylus.png

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
According to Dell Support, this replacement design was released from engineering hold at the beginning of March and couldn't ship until then. I'm not saying you're wrong foxbat121, as Dell Support could certainly be mistaken. But this certainly makes me curious as to just what I'll receive (REV A01 or REV A02, possibly?).

I wouldn't put too much trust on Dell Support. Nothing against those support in India but they were clueless. When I called in last to month to inquire my stylus order status after seen others already received their, they told me it is not available and won't ship until March 20th. Well, I received my shipping notification the very next day.

As already posted elsewhere, Dell revised it and started shipping it out to those already ordered in mid-feb. There is no way it could make another revision and ship a month later.

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered on last night; it claims it should be here by March 14th.

Just an FYI for anyone thinking of ordering one, Dell has a couple of coupons right now. There's a 15% off PC accessories - not sure when this expires - and also a "save an additional 10%" on electronics and accessories until March 10th. I was able to stack them, so the stylus ended up costing $26.77 before tax.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I used the discount codes as well and ordered one last Thursday, came out to $29.74 with tax plus free shipping. Says it will be here 13 March, but status still says "in production". Guess I won't fret until the 12th gets here and the status hasn't yet changed.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Got a message this afternoon that mine shipped. Should be here tomorrow via FedEx overnight and I paid nothing for shipping. That's a nice surprise.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone! Definitely not putting my faith in Dell Support; they could certainly be wrong. I just wanted to relay what they were telling me. I'm mostly expecting to get Rev 01, but am curious to understand what they meant by a new design that couldn't ship until March if this is the case. Come to think of it, I could probably just ask them what is shipping. That still might not be right, but it may clear some confusion up.

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok...just got a message from Dell on Twitter. I asked if they would be shipping me REV 01 or if it would be a new REV/design. Their reply:

...it will be a redesigned stylus since the old ones have been out of production...

So, that's from the horse's mouth. Again, they could be wrong. I asked for another update on shipping. I haven't gotten a response on that yet.

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
And that makes me think that I'll be getting REV A01, too. But, Dell support is giving me pause. Still no update on my shipping, but I'll keep this post posted. :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss