3GB free storage requirement for Onedrive

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Shipping with only 32Gb of storage has really limited me in the use of this device. Until I can install Apps on the SD card, im kind of screwed. I cannot install anymore apps. I have below 3GB free storage, and im getting all sorts of Onedrive errors - I cant download any files due to storage space - but what really doesn't make sense, is that I want to download a 4mb photo from my Onedrive, and I cannot because I only have 2.5gb free - this is so F*()&%)(&* stupid. Anyone having similar issues with Onedrive. I don't remember having this problem in the past. When in open explorer window on desktop, a little yellow exclamation point is over the Onedrive icon. This is really stupid, especially for these tablets and their limited onboard storage.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Well - got the above issue fixed - So - Stupid Dell - my USB port broke and I sent it in for repair - they repaired the USB port by installing a new Motherboard and sent it back to me - well they installed a 64GB hard drive motherboard instead of my original 32GB hard drive. They partitioned the 64GB to a 20GB partition, which wasn't allowing me to access any of my files. I got tech support to fix it remotely, and now I have a 64GB tablet - Thanks for the free upgrade I guess. They told me they wanted me to send it back to them so they could repair their mistake - I told them, unless they are sending me a brand new tablet, in the box, I will not be sending this back to them, he kind of laughed and told me to have a nice day. Thanks Dell (even though you still kinda suck)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the 3GB free is for breathing room. its to help the computer work, not to screw you over.

This is a budget device, the 32 GB capacity is not a hidden fact.

Also, chill, you sound whiny, not gonna lie.

32 GB fits me as a secondary device, so I paid less. If you need more, get an SD card and move your OneDrive folder there (i believe its possible)

or get a device with a larger capacity! (which you got, so congrats on that)

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
the 3GB free is for breathing room. its to help the computer work, not to screw you over.

This is a budget device, the 32 GB capacity is not a hidden fact.

Also, chill, you sound whiny, not gonna lie.

32 GB fits me as a secondary device, so I paid less. If you need more, get an SD card and move your OneDrive folder there (i believe its possible)

or get a device with a larger capacity! (which you got, so congrats on that)

not trying to whine, I do like cheese with it though - any suggestions on moving skydrive folder to sd card?

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Spend extra for a 64GB version of DV8P is the best $50 I ever spent. It is a PC, 32GB will barely make it and not quite useful.

As for move skydrive to SD card, you can open the properties for skydrive in Windows Explorer and in Location tab, you can set cache drive to SD card.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Spend extra for a 64GB version of DV8P is the best $50 I ever spent. It is a PC, 32GB will barely make it and not quite useful.

Yep. Never considered for a second getting the 32 because I knew I'd regret it later. The extra $50 was totally worth it.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

dougger1977

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I ran into this problem last week as well. Besides deleting some unused apps, I also deleted a few huge setup.exe files that I'm hoping I won't need in the future. That cleaned up a bunch of space quickly. Also remember to empty your trash can. I had about a gig of deleted stuff just hanging out there too.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
You can also search for "clean" There is a disk cleanup tool built into windows that deletes temp files, etc. that frees up space. I run it at least once per day just to keep things tidy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)