USB dock/hub

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I saw that video and it's what set me off on my search. Unfortunately that's for the USB 3.0 version which is significantly more expensive (and in my opinion unnecessary) than the USB 2.0 version I'm looking at.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I saw that video and it's what set me off on my search. Unfortunately that's for the USB 3.0 version which is significantly more expensive (and in my opinion unnecessary) than the USB 2.0 version I'm looking at.

USB 3 or 2 shouldn't make a difference

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
USB 3 or 2 shouldn't make a difference

I know the USB spec probably doesn't make much difference (except in the all important price tag area) but not all hubs/docks are created equal when it comes to the type and number of devices it will or won't power, build quality, durability, weight, etc.

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I know the USB spec probably doesn't make much difference (except in the all important price tag area) but not all hubs/docks are created equal when it comes to the type and number of devices it will or won't power, build quality, durability, weight, etc.

I'd guess that because it's the same company, components are going to be pretty similar between the two devices. The DV8P is only USB2, so you're likely not speeding anything up (or if you are, it's insignificant) getting the USB 2 version. Quality and compatibility will likely be similar.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I'm gonna go ahead and get this thing and if I can successfully hook it up to my 24" Dell monitor I'm seriously gonna sell my laptop because, well, I literally won't need it anymore. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
OK, so I'm gonna go ahead and get this thing and if I can successfully hook it up to my 24" Dell monitor I'm seriously gonna sell my laptop because, well, I literally won't need it anymore. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

​Let me know how it goes for you!

David Rittenhouse

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the USB 3 version of this for use with my Surface Pro.Hooked up to two monitors, , an external hard drive, stereo speakers, and I can use mini display port to HDMI out to my TV.

Also works quite well with my Dell V8P

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss