Netflix / Youtube casuing bluescreen

anon(8695942)

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My quallcomm drivers are causing my tablet to blue screen when doing things very internet heavy, cant delete the drivers cause then no wifi. And ive updated / rollbacked them and tried it. Still happens after about 5-10minutes into watching something. anyone else having this?

anon(8695942)

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I dont think so, i mean i can watch videos through VLC for 8 hours at a time and not ever get a blue screen. 5 minutes into netflix and it get it. Now it will not even get past loading screens for Netflix/youtube apps.

Mark Metzger

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
It could be a flash thing. To narrow it down, try Netflix in Google Chrome which has a reliable version of flash built into the browser.

bigeduck

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
It could be a flash thing. To narrow it down, try Netflix in Google Chrome which has a reliable version of flash built into the browser.

Well, Netflix uses Silverlight still, though youtube uses the built in flash in ie11. Do try firefox or chrome. That said, both are pretty hard on the hardware, do you have the tablet in a case? Is it running hotter than it does in VLC. When does it crash, when you attempt to load the video or a couple minutes into it.

I had a issue on my laptop with youtube that it crashed every time it finished playing a video. I just uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash. While this may not work for you, wouldn't hurt to do that for flash and Silverlight, maybe reinstall the video drivers while you're at it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos