08-29-2017 03:35 AM
96 1234
tools
    I have a 32 GB Venue 8 Pro (probably doesn't make a difference) recovery just waiting.

PM me those in need.
    xamdros9.... please share your revovery image
    11-20-2014 06:39 PM
    hello i am from algeria...i buy tablet from usa ...i have a broblem with boot to win ...i can not recover my win so i am blocked to bluescreen...i can not get option system recover of win...so after that i download image factore that i say thanks to uploader ...how i can boot from it ...i have dell venue 8 pro 64 g ...thanks for you
    12-12-2014 08:01 AM
    Hey just downloaded your recovery Image .... BUT whats the Password for the Rar files could you say it please ?
    cFrye likes this.
    12-15-2014 03:54 PM
    Hey just downloaded your recovery Image .... BUT whats the Password for the Rar files could you say it please ?
    Eh, I'll just unleash the link for anyone who needs it.

https://copy.com/9g2vAFvG9m6T
    It is a zip file containing the contents of the recovery drive, as if you moved it off the tablet using the normal procedure.
    12-15-2014 09:05 PM
    Thank you really much xandros9. I was looking for that to be able to reinstall my tab in english!
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-25-2014 04:31 PM
    Dear Memitim,

I have DV8P 32g version. I have recovery partition present in my tablet but I want to re-partition and install my owned version of Windows 8.1 with update. How I can make a restorable backup of my recovery partition like I get on brand new tablet?

Regards,
    Hassan
    02-05-2015 07:19 AM
    02-05-2015 08:20 AM
    Memitim ,you are a life saver!!!! big kudos!!
    02-12-2015 01:47 AM
    Hi, what's the password for the rar files ?

Thanks
    cFrye likes this.
    02-12-2015 02:40 AM
    Hi everyone,

I was able to reset my Venue 8.1 Pro with the recovery I downloaded from here, but now it says I need to activate windows and I have an invalid key. How do I get the key?
    cFrye likes this.
    02-14-2015 04:21 AM
    Can anyone give a hand here? I downloaded the rared archives from post 8. I keep getting an error once I unrar I get an error saying image is corrupt.
    I downloaded the files from post 29, but do not know how to proceeed with them. I put them on a usb key, but my Venue 8 will not boot from it.
    I am the second owner of this tablet & the original restore files have been deleted & dell won't help me since I am not original owner.
    02-14-2015 08:57 AM
    Hi everyone,

I was able to reset my Venue 8.1 Pro with the recovery I downloaded from here, but now it says I need to activate windows and I have an invalid key. How do I get the key?
    I think with modern devices, they have the key hardcoded into the device... think you can find the documentation that came with your device? that probably has the key you need.

Can anyone give a hand here? I downloaded the rared archives from post 8. I keep getting an error once I unrar I get an error saying image is corrupt.
    I downloaded the files from post 29, but do not know how to proceeed with them. I put them on a usb key, but my Venue 8 will not boot from it.
    I am the second owner of this tablet & the original restore files have been deleted & dell won't help me since I am not original owner.
    You are placing them on the USB's home/root directory, not in a folder, right?
    Can you get to Windows 8's Advanced Startup and commence a device reset from there? I don't think the recovery is bootable like a Linux distro.
    Chocu1a likes this.
    02-15-2015 12:42 PM
    I think with modern devices, they have the key hardcoded into the device... think you can find the documentation that came with your device? that probably has the key you need.

You are placing them on the USB's home/root directory, not in a folder, right?
    Can you get to Windows 8's Advanced Startup and commence a device reset from there? I don't think the recovery is bootable like a Linux distro.
    They were in a folder called Dell Recovery. I will move them to root of drive & try again.

*update. Moving files to root of usb worked like a charm.
    Thank You.
    Last edited by Chocu1a; 02-16-2015 at 04:32 PM.
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-16-2015 01:06 PM
    Your tablet will use UEFI booting techniques (which in this case will read the OS key from the firmware), so when you install your OS you will want to install it as a UEFI install. This is a big topic so you'll need to research and learn all about it. Also, if your system is a Wimboot style (compressed OS image) you will need to have the recovery partition in place as it is used as a constant reference by Wimboot systems.

This is not a simple thing. I get the impression you are addressing these issues for the first time. I would make a system image of all partitions before you try ANYTHING and make sure you have thoroughly studied UEFI booting and if applicable Wimboot OS installs.

You can work round all this and change to a legacy install, but this is not a great plan for UEFI setups for many reasons. Especially if you have a Wimboot system.

Note that if you image a GPT disk (all UEFI disks are GPT) to an external GPT drive with the built in Windows imaging system, it will fail to restore. You need to save the image to an external MBR disk or move it to one or it won't restore. This is a tough tip to find, so make a note.

You will feel like your head is much bigger once you have learnt about this lot. Be prepared to put the time in.
    02-16-2015 01:23 PM
    Thanks you very much for all the advice, I am now reading on UEFI install and Winboot. Another problem crept up while trying to get the tablet back to factory default, I lost the touch function. Even in bios there is no more touch, everything works well with a mouse and keyboard. It just stopped working and I don't know how I am ever gonna get it back, I have spent many sleepless nights digging through the net but to no avail. Does anyone have a solution to this? When I tried to install the driver it says no synaptics device detected or something like that. I doubt its a windows problem because touch is not functioning in the bios as well. I hope someone can help me since my device just went out of warranty on January 22. Dont want to loose the tablet function and make this a paper weight.
    02-18-2015 02:09 PM
    Please note I said Wimboot, not Winboot. I did not make a typo, it is Wimboot you want to read about (if your tablet is Wimbooted).

Assuming touch worked in the bios settings before, you have 3 possibilities I can see. 1, reset firmware to factory defaults and possibly reflash to latest. 2, you have a hardware fault. 3, your firmware is not configured to allow legacy bios configuration of your screen/input or it has a UEFI only vid bios. If you get a UEFI install on there it may sort the issue.
    xandros9 and Kweku Clyde like this.
    02-19-2015 07:28 PM
    sorry about that, my typo error, i was referring to Wimboot.

I already have firmware A10 on, is there a way to revert it to a lower one? It was working fine after upgrading to the latest firmware and just stopped. I hope it's not a hardware failure. I'll try to mess around with the bios settings and see if there is anything I can change.
    02-20-2015 10:17 AM
    Can someone explain to me what to do with the recovery image? Just copy it to C and try recovering?
    03-04-2015 06:08 AM
    Can you please help me with this?
    03-25-2015 01:43 AM
    Can someone explain to me what to do with the recovery image? Just copy it to C and try recovering?
    Unzip the various folders in the archive and stick it on a microSD card (recommended) and do the restore.

Can you please help me with this?
    Help with...? I'd rather not write an entire guide.
    Put the files on a microSD card, then follow the first thing in this list. System recovery options in Windows 8.1 on the Dell Venue 8 Pro, 10 Pro and 11 Pro Tablet | Dell US
    03-25-2015 01:43 PM
    This is a pretty long explanation, but I hope someone can help me! Seems like all the folks who know how to do this are participating in this thread...

I have a 32gb Venue 8 Pro, and when I got it 12 months ago, I immediately made a recovery "disk" onto a MicroSD card, and deleted the recovery partition to free up space. I put the MicroSD card into a desk drawer, and went on about my business...

This weekend, I decided that I want to sell the Venue 8 Pro, so I hauled out the MicroSD card, popped it into the Venue 8 Pro, and went into the Recovery menu inside Windows 8.1. I started the recovery, but it immediately told me that I didn't have valid recovery media inserted. I popped the card out and back in a couple of times, but it didn't matter.

I gave up on the Recovery app, and went into the Advanced Options where I could do a "reset." The device rebooted, and showed me a menu where I could pick a backup "image" to restore from. It showed me an image with a time/date stamp that corresponded to the recovery image I had made a year ago, so I thought that all was well. I picked that image, told it to start, and the system appeared to be restoring successfully. Part way through, it rebooted, and now I get "internal hard drive not found" errors.

I have downloaded other people's factory Recovery images from various online forums, and I have the ability to make a recovery USB drive. I did just that, using Rufus to turn an .img file into a bootable USB drive. However, the DV8P never attempts to boot from the drive (when I connect it via a USB OTG cable).

If I go into the BIOS, and look at the boot options menu, I notice that the "Boot Option Priorities" is greyed out. I can't click/tap on it and select any options for it. The other four menu options are available to me, just not "Boot Option Priorities." I assume I need to do something to get the DV8P to see a bootable USB drive, right?

At this point, I'm all for any option that allows me to make the device bootable again. I could make a plain old Windows 8.1 USB drive and install from that.

What's my best strategy for restoring/reimaging when I'm stuck in the state I'm in -- can't boot, don't know how to enable the correct boot options in the BIOS?

Thanks everyone!
    04-22-2015 11:03 PM
    Hey
    I need help. I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro 32GB , I must install a new system, but has removed the earlier recovery partition to install Windows 10 technical preview , how do I get recovery partition?
    Please help. Sorry for my english.
    Curtis Webb likes this.
    06-01-2015 12:54 PM
    hi xandros9, just wondering how this works, should i copy this in a micro-sd card or copy it then copy paste it in program files inside dell venue 8 tab? can you please give me instructions, thanks
    06-18-2015 08:31 PM
    hi xandros9, just wondering how this works, should i copy this in a micro-sd card or copy it then copy paste it in program files inside dell venue 8 tab? can you please give me instructions, thanks
    Argh there's unanswered posts above! I'll get to those when I'm in front of my PC.

For my recovery, you would copy the files within to a microSD card. Make sure that the files and folders (boot, efi...) aren't in a folder on the card.
    06-18-2015 08:48 PM
    This is a pretty long explanation, but I hope someone can help me! Seems like all the folks who know how to do this are participating in this thread...
    Basically the exact same situation as me. In the end, I never got any recovery method to work whatsoever. I have a tablet now that has an evaluation version of Windows 8.1 on it that I basically can't use as a tablet. I'm just hoping that when 10 comes out, I'll be able to run it from that point on without problems. For now, it's a paperweight.
    06-22-2015 06:21 AM
96 1234