Download recovery partition

David Rittenhouse

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a downloadable factory recovery partition anywhere on the net? Or has anyone uploaded and shared theirs?

I have a 64 gig DV8P and due to self-inflicted issues, my recovery partition is FUBAR...

Update:
Never mind, found another Venue owner who graciously helped me out.

Last edited:

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I have been having a real hard time restoring my Dell Venue Pro 8. I have a restore USB drive I made but I still keep getting a missing partition error when I try to create the partitions. If you have a complete image that might help me. I think I need to repartition the c: drive.

Alfred C

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Memitim, if I can get a copy of the image, I would greatly appreciate it. I accidentally erased my usb backup... Actually I erased my usb restore because I believed that the restore partition was recreated when I restored my tablet. That was an error. Thanks!

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The image is still busy uploading, the upload failed the first time.

Will post the link here once it is finished.

Alfred C

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Downloaded and unrared. Looking forward to your instructions.

Update. Created USB key from the IMG file and was able to restore my DV8P to factory. Thanks!

Last edited:

orionbg

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Memitim, Every time I boot from the Flash Drive that I have made with your Image, I get a message that AC Power Is needed and I can't do that with a sigle USB... What is the correct way of doing this?

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Memitim, Every time I boot from the Flash Drive that I have made with your Image, I get a message that AC Power Is needed and I can't do that with a sigle USB... What is the correct way of doing this?

Apparently you can restore it using a SD card although I haven't tried this.

What you can do is this:
How to use USB devices with your Dell Venue 8 Pro and charge it at the same time - Todd Klindt's SharePoint Admin Blog

You will need these:
USB Male to Micro USB Male Charging Data Cable w/ Switch for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - Black (100 CM) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
CY U2-166 USB Female to Micro USB Female + Micro USB Male Adapter Cable - Black (15cm) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
USB Female to Micro USB Female Adapter - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

orionbg

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
And is there anything that I can do without waiting 1 moth for these cables to be delivered? maybe some do it yourself cable specs of something?

orionbg

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
On the backside of the geography! In Eastern Europe. Will try with a MicroSD card first and then if it fails I'll be looking for another solution.

Update: I can be very stupid some times.... all these tries I was selecting the Dell recovery option and every time it asks for AC Adaptor.... Several minutes ago I decided to try the Reset you PC Option and the selected Wipe the drive! Now I'm with a new completely stock OS again! :)

Thank You for the Image!

Last edited:

ToddKlindt

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
As often as this comes up I've thought about buying some of those cables and keeping them on hand for people. That wouldn't have done you much good on Europe though. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss