Dell sent me a new stylus today completely out of the blue

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a stylus for my VP8 a few months ago (December, I think) and it never really worked very well - I got the typical ghostwriting and jumpiness that's been endemic among the VP8s. I ended up just using it for whatever and bought an SP2 for writing.
Today, FedEx pounded on the door with a package from Dell, including a new stylus and a note that 'my stylus was of a version with known problems' yadda yadda.

I tried it out, and it works great compared to the old one. It's not SP2 good, but it's certainly more than enough for daily use. So if you bought a VP8/VP11 and a stylus sometime in the past few months (and didn't replace it), keep an eye out - Dell said they're sending them out to those affected, to the same shipping address where the stylus was originally sent.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I found a package at my door from Fed-ex today from Dell. I opened it and there was only a letter from dell stating that they are replacing 00,01, and some 02 stylus lol, all that money to send me an 8.5x11 sheet of paper letting me know that.

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me as well a few weeks back. However in my case I first randomly received the package with only the stylus in it... no letter or anything explaining its unexpected delivery. But I thought, "hey, that's cool... free stylus for my troubles." About a week later I received a second package containing a single piece of paper saying that it appeared as though I had an earlier revision stylus which was known to have issues and so they were sending me a replacement. It was definitely a waste of money and packaging, but I'll admit that it did make me laugh. A simple email could have sufficed rather than sending a letter but oh well. It's nice that they made the effort.

Noftware

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
That same happened to me. I just received a replacement Rev A02 today from Dell Canada. I didn't have any trouble with my A01 but it is good that they are standing behind their products, admitting that the A00 and A01 could be better, and ensuring their existing customers are happy.

Way to go, Dell!

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Just got one out of the blue as well last week after getting a replacement A01 back in March.
I was going to sell it and then today noticed it was an A02.

Thought the A01 was ok too.

tdub90

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a new Dell venue 8 pro.. which pen should buy that is this new and improved stylus. Or will it come with the box.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

tdub90

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Nvm previous post. Found it on Amazon for $35. Are there any other models that are decent where I only need to hit the x button on the browser in desktop don't really use it to draw and write.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
^it's best that you buy it direct from dell's website since they have the latest most responsive version.
and that is the only active stylus that will work with the tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss