Active Stylus - Which is which?

Mathias Lindberg

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I need an active digitizer-enabled pen for my Venue 8 Pro, but I can't figure out which Active Stylus version is available to purchase. I don't want the old version with the tip issues and the 'ghosting', but I understand there has been many software improvements to fix some of these issues. I understand that the new REV A01 version of the the Active Stylus is a lot better, but the only information I can find is that the stylus has the number "750-AADT" which doesn't tell me much. Is there any way to tell if any of these two products are the new or old version of the stylus?

Aktiv Dell-pen – Venue Pro-tablets : Tilbehør til bærbare pc'er | Dell Danmark
DELL ACTIVE STYLUS VENUE PRO TABLETS | Dustinhome.dk

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if you can tell for sure, but buying it from Dell probably guarantees the new revision. (Heard of a guy receiving an unexpected replacement because Dell knew he had a stylus iteration known to have problems, so I would assume that means they don't sell the buggy one either since it wasn't for sale for a while.)

Buying it through a middleman probably induces more risk at getting old stock. Other than asking the seller to check the product personally, I'm not sure what you can do.

Mathias Lindberg

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I did ask them, but it's been so long I'm unsure whether or not they know themselves xD. Was hoping 750-AADT meant it was REV A01 as I've heard of a 750-AADH, but I could be wrong.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
No, both rev 00 and rev 001 have the same exact model number. You can only find the rev # on a little sticker on the package.

It is unlikely you will find any rev 00 anywhere. I knew because I tried to search for it before rev 001 showed up. And no one is selling that.

Ted#WP

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
When you order from Dell, they'll ship you the latest revision and I believe it's rev A02 now.

If you see it's backordered, it doesn't mean anything. I placed my order with that notice on their website. It took the order with no problem, and I received it the package within 2 days after the order. YMMV.

gnd1

May 13, 2013
Visit site
If you are near a Microsoft store or Kiosk, try there. I went by the one in Atlanta Perimeter Mall and asked them if they had gotten any in. They had a boxful of sealed stylus' marked A02. $29.99. I was not buying at the time, so I can't tell you how it works.

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I've found two different EAN codes currently selling around the Internet: 5397063226627, 5055740792475.
I'd like to know if each EAN is specific for a different Revision. Is it the 53* EAN for Rev. A02 and 50* EAN for Rev. A01?

Hope someone with his cardbox still around could answer which is the EAN for its current pen.

Thanks very much!

Coan

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I've found two different EAN codes currently selling around the Internet: 5397063226627, 5055740792475.
I'd like to know if each EAN is specific for a different Revision. Is it the 53* EAN for Rev. A02 and 50* EAN for Rev. A01?

Hope someone with his cardbox still around could answer which is the EAN for its current pen.

Thanks very much!
Where on the box is the #? I just got a surprise replacement today and literally have the box on my desk. of note, I'm Canadian, so my code on the sticker which also has the rev A02 starts with a CN and is way different. I may still have the original box for the first stylus at home (given how late it shipped/packrat problems).

of note I've got
cn-0332ng-73826-45b-00m3 as the rev 2
cn-0332ng-73826-3an-04sh for the original.
It should be noted this was listed inside the stylus and the new stylus also has a Anatel logo as well that the original did not.I'm fairly certain my original was 00 and not 01, but that i'm not sure of off the top of my head.

Coan

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, my EAN's are still different, but my boxes are technically different due to localization I assume.
I do have my original box and the CN code posted is for the A00.
The CN code is on the stylus itself (well in the stylus in a sense) so that might be a better means of identifying them since we have all 3 with that image.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven