DLNA to Samsung TV

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Win8's Share is not DLNA. If you want to try out DLNA, use the Windows Media Player or Windows Explorer's 'Play To' feature. Or download some DLNA app like Multimedia 8.

Basically, there is little or none DLNA features built into Windows 8 OS other than the ones that carried over from Windows 7 which only works in desktop mode.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been researching dongles to use to project to my Sanyo and my Vizio TVs. I'm currently running a 9' HDMI between, and while it's not too much of an issue, I'd like it wireless.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Miracast is for screen casting and not the same usage as DLNA. DLNA is specifically designed to for media streaming. You can stream a video or song to your DLNA device without it being played on your PC/tablet at all. Miracast just mirrors what ever is displayed on your screen.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
You have to enable your TV to receive streaming media in the settings menu I believe. Open a video, swipe in from right, select Devices, and Play, and your TV should show up. Selevt your TV, and you should get a pop up on your tv to allow, and the screen goes blank for a few seconds, and the media will begin to play.

How old is your TV? If it is DLNA enabled, it should in theory work.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
it's a UN40EH5300.
I have no idea but I doubt it's that advanced

Update: that registry hack worked! thanks so much!
Win8.1 beats iOS 7.1

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
it's a UN40EH5300.
I have no idea but I doubt it's that advanced

Update: that registry hack worked! thanks so much!
Win8.1 beats iOS 7.1

I am glad it worked, i have a similar samsung smart led tv (cant remember the model#) which connects perfectly on my msi gt60 with widi and my venue 8 pro. I keep updating my tv firmware so that i get the latest firmware and software updates for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo