Bluetooth Can Send To Windows Phone But Not Receive?

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I have been able to download and send pictures and music from my tablet to my phone but I'm noticing I'm trying to Bluetooth some songs from phone to tablet and it's telling me the tablet doesn't support recording over Bluetooth. An I missing something here?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 Tapatalk

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
What tablet are u using? I have no issues sending songs both ways from my DP 8.1running 620 to my kitkat running Nexus 7.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Ops missed that :) It doesnt always work fine when sending files to my windows 7 laptop though. I do have an error on it saying audio recorder driver or something like that driver is not installed and it can't find drivers online.... Never happened when sending songs from Nexus to PC though.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Ops missed that :) It doesnt always work fine when sending files to my windows 7 laptop though. I do have an error on it saying audio recorder driver or something like that driver is not installed and it can't find drivers online.... Never happened when sending songs from Nexus to PC though.

That's weird I'm on 8.1 as well maybe ill try to restart the phone and pc

Edit: restarted the tablet and still didn't work

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay just tried it with my 920 and 810 and it worked. So when i turn Bluetooth on, pair the tablet and phone and start the file transfer it doesn't work. I've to go to desktop, right click on the icon in system tray and select receive file, then the file transfer works else it errors out on the phone with the message that the device does not support file transfer

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Okay just tried it with my 920 and 810 and it worked. So when i turn Bluetooth on, pair the tablet and phone and start the file transfer it doesn't work. I've to go to desktop, right click on the icon in system tray and select receive file, then the file transfer works else it errors out on the phone with the message that the device does not support file transfer
how are you getting to receive file? When I'm on the desktop and right click the system tray I only get troubleshooter problems and open network and sharing center

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
how are you getting to receive file? When I'm on the desktop and right click the system tray I only get troubleshooter problems and open network and sharing center
That's because you're right-clicking on the Network icon. You have to right-click/tap-and-hold the Bluetooth icon in the system tray. You will see the option to "Receive a file". You must open that window before sending a file from your Windows Phone.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
That's because you're right-clicking on the Network icon. You have to right-click/tap-and-hold the Bluetooth icon in the system tray. You will see the option to "Receive a file". You must open that window before sending a file from your Windows Phone.

Thanks that worked

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans