06-06-2014 09:01 AM
    I have one of these tablets. Only thing I don't like about it is the case I have it in. It fits and looks nice when its close but open it to use it, not so much. But the tablet itself works great.
    06-06-2014 09:41 AM
    I have one of these tablets. Only thing I don't like about it is the case I have it in. It fits and looks nice when its close but open it to use it, not so much. But the tablet itself works great.
    I've got the 32GB model and been toying returning it since storage is a problem for a storage hog like me and the fact I don't want so many gadgets. However, the more I use this device, the more I do find it productive, even with a Surface Pro 2 (and a Surface Pro 3 on pre-order.) So, I am ordering the 64GB and returning the 32GB. Paid about the same price for the 32 and will get a full refund.
    cckgz4 likes this.
    06-06-2014 09:50 AM
    Wow! Nice. Thanks (I think ) for the heads-up. Must. Resist. Must. Wait.
    06-06-2014 11:51 AM
    Wow! Nice. Thanks (I think ) for the heads-up. Must. Resist. Must. Wait.
    Not to tempt you more but I've been quite pleased and surprised how well it works in portrait mode... :)
    06-06-2014 12:07 PM
    Not to tempt you more but I've been quite pleased and surprised how well it works in portrait mode... :)
    You're not helping! LOL

The one thing that has me intrigued about the DV8P (I already own way too many tablets) is the active digitizer. None of the tablets that I own have that.

I've heard nice things about the later revision pens, but how good is the software available for the Modern UI? I use OneNote (with capacity stylus), but what other good sketching and note taking apps are there?
    06-06-2014 12:30 PM
    You're not helping! LOL

The one thing that has me intrigued about the DV8P (I already own way too many tablets) is the active digitizer. None of the tablets that I own have that.

I've heard nice things about the later revision pens, but how good is the software available for the Modern UI? I use OneNote (with capacity stylus), but what other good sketching and note taking apps are there?
    As a Surface Pro 2 user and then using the Dell Venue Pro stylus (after firmware and screen firmware updates), I will say it is good. Feels much more percice on the Surface Pro 2 but it isn't bad.

As far as Modern apps...well, let me preface by saying I am "all in" on the Microsoft Ecosystem and this is not to jump on a bandwagon but I'd like to see more innovative apps for it. I use OneNote and for drawing, FreshPaint is good as well as Autodesk's Sketchbook. Both of those work well with the pen. Not too many stylus ready apps it seems. Would be great to see a port of "Paper" from iOS. The "modern apps" I use a lot are:

Mail
    Facebook
    Kindle
    Reading List
    Flipboard
    Project Spark

All work just as good on this as they do the Surface. For grins, I made a mount point to my MicroSD card on the C-Drive and installed Steam and Visual Studio and both installed and ran from the SD Card quite well. Even more, I loaded Skyrim...lowest settings and it worked but not perfect.

Again, despite having a Surface Pro 2 with a SP3 on order, the Dell Venue Pro 8 is an intriguing device and even in my effort to "degadget", it is worth holding on to for situations where 8 inches are nice.
    WillysJeepMan likes this.
    06-06-2014 02:03 PM
    That deal seems to still be active if you click on the OP's link. But if you start from the Dell homepage and navigate to the same product, they show the price as $299. TigerDirect has the same $249 deal right now.
    06-12-2014 12:49 PM