USB Wall charger replacement for DV8P

mattdreed

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone found a suitable USB charger replacement for the DV8P? I'm looking for one for travel that has at least 2 ports (preferably 3).

I found the Innergie Duo Dual 2.1A at Office Depot and thought that might work. Unfortunately, I keep getting the message that the USB device is unrecognizable. Oddly enough, it is powerful enough for my Sony 10000mAh power supply.

The Qmadix 4.4A triple charger sold on this site looks interesting, but only has one port with an output of 2.4A. I'd love one with 2 higher powered ports for tablet and power supply, plus a 3rd for my phone.

Sorry no links, they keep getting flagged as spam.

Thoughts? Successes?
--MATT

mattdreed

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
I have been using my lumia 920's wall charger since I am using a charging plate. Works great

Thanks, but since I'm looking for travel solutions, the wall plate is not a great option. I was hoping to combine two, if not 3, chargers into one, not switch them out. I probably should have worded the subject a little differently.
Thanks again!

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
The Dell charger is a special animal as it runs 10w instead of the normal 5/5.1w that most USB chargers do. Any of 5w travel chargers will work, but they will charge it very slowly.

JeffLeites

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Don't forget that the USB data lines in the Dell charger are shorted together. It won't start charging unless they are shorted for a moment.

Ted#WP

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
The Dell charger is a special animal as it runs 10w instead of the normal 5/5.1w that most USB chargers do. Any of 5w travel chargers will work, but they will charge it very slowly.

It's actually a bigger and meaner animal than you think. I haven't seen anything quite like it when it comes to current pumping.

Has anyone seen any other external chargers that can pump this much current?

esy3yheh.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes